Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
So, what have you been up to for the last 5 years?

Its looking good for breakfast in the office!
20240305_164208.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
Plenty of cyclists around Wharfedale as expected and a happy car on the return as I gave it £52 of petrol; 4p a litre cheaper in Ilkley of all places.
The other visit was to retake some photos only to find when I logged onto the computer system the useless program had lost access to the only drive it could access any files from. Hopefully resolved on Thursday as tomorrow is a day off for the delights of a dental hygienist appointment.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I haven't got a book of faces, or an Instagram

It is unfortunately a method of disseminating local information for all sorts of mostly leisure activities. We seemed to manage ok in the past without it but there were (and still are ) known shop information boards where anyone could post notices to inform locals of events, meetings etc. Now most is done by FB notices.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got the weather forecast a bit wrong as rain started about midday. I went out to the bin and wind was so strong I had difficulty staying upright.
The RB mobile bank van was going to try for a later sailing as the booked one was cancelled because of weather. A quick sprint round and customers advised to be quick with their transactions to allow a return at the normal sailing. All sailings at that time still cancelled so frustrated customers.
This information is one example of the local use of the book of faces.
Spent ages trying to pin down an auto electrician in Oban to replace a faulty towbar lighting relay.
Many in Oban still behave as in the past where they are doing you a favour to allow you to do business.
There was one ironmonger where the staff were actively rude to all customers but since they were the only one available you had to put up with it.
Thr advent of supermarkets and chain stores sorted out many of the offenders but some still remain.

Had a lovely luncheon of a sliced roast pork sandwich, a banana, some raspberries and two :cuppa:

Spent the afternoon working on the catalogue. The final section on the two hydroplanes has now been sorted - text has been re-written and everything is now formatted. Also printed out a hardcopy. That will make it easier to do the remaining stuff and search for errors and typos as opposed to scrolling through what is a fairly hefty document.

Now sat back with a :cuppa:

Top Bottom