Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning .
Everywhere is white with frost this morning. The half moon looked pretty lit up against the blue sky.

Mike_P

Guru
There were plenty of retail addicts there at 8:30pm. Whole tribes of them randomly clogging up the endless aisles leading to the check-outs.

Best time for IKEA at the weekend is Sunday morning. Opens along with the cafe at 10 for browsing with the tills opening at 11, time it right and you can pick up what you want and be straight through the tills quite quickly.

Mike_P

Guru
Sun trying to appear but that's probably going to happen as the washer is on, as is the bread machine.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Best time for IKEA at the weekend is Sunday morning. Opens along with the cafe at 10 for browsing with the tills opening at 11, time it right and you can pick up what you want and be straight through the tills quite quickly.

I once went on a family outing to Ikea, Birmingham. They wouldn't serve eggs with the breakfast because of the risk of Salmonella.., 😏

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bright and sunny and looks to be like that all day.
Not going anywhere in the morning as all sorts of chores to get done before going anywhere.
Squabbles about a new development beside the camp site at Pennygowan which is near Salen and I passed it yesterday. It has been building for at least a year probably by the owner of the campsite. The nearby hotel maintains it will be a restaurant which will damage his business and not a cafe as claimed by the builder.
Such is business.
At my age you tend to reminisce.
I am going to Oban soon to get a much needed haircut. Turkish barber.
In the past gents hair was done at the local garage by the owner/driver of the Dervaig bus or the barman at the Mishnish hotel commonly known as Willie Winky.
No idea why he had that nickname but nicknames were very commonly used to differentiate families with the same surname.

Top Bottom