Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Fog lifted a bit in my immediate neighbourhood so got out for a reasonable walk.
Very wet and mucky underfoot as vehicles have been disturbing the surface layer. No idea what is going on further up and not wise to take the trike up to have a look as the tracks look like lorries which leave no escape room at the roadside and in any case far too muddy.
I may try from the other end as I could make a circuit and the main road bit is steep downhill so does not last long before getting on to a private road I can use.
Threatened by a couple of large dogs looking like a labrador cross of some kind and the owner made no attempt to call them off. She did apologise when we met but when I pointed out I was not too bothered as I had a couple of hefty sticks for defence or attack she immediately blamed me for using sticks to walk and upsetting the dogs.:ohmy:
Still pretty foggy further afield but very mild for a change.

Fog lifted a bit in my immediate neighbourhood so got out for a reasonable walk.
Very wet and mucky underfoot as vehicles have been disturbing the surface layer. No idea what is going on further up and not wise to take the trike up to have a look as the tracks look like lorries which leave no escape room at the roadside and in any case far too muddy.
I may try from the other end as I could make a circuit and the main road bit is steep downhill so does not last long before getting on to a private road I can use.
Threatened by a couple of large dogs looking like a labrador cross of some kind and the owner made no attempt to call them off. She did apologise when we met but when I pointed out I was not too bothered as I had a couple of hefty sticks for defence or attack she immediately blamed me for using sticks to walk and upsetting the dogs.:ohmy:
Still pretty foggy further afield but very mild for a change.

1708110468898.png

tyred

Legendary Member
I was able to finish work at 1:30, the great thing about having flexible hours and working a bit extra Mon - Thur.

I did a few errands around the town after work and then went for a ride. 30ish miles.

It's great to see a stretch in the evenings but today was a strange day with very grey skies and mist that was never thick but never really lifted.

classic33

Leg End Member
Generally overcast. Car washed, coffee drunk, ebike to Sainsbury's via a couple of ABC pubs.

Confusing road closure sign on the way with an arrow pointing left when right or nothing at all would have been better. The closure was immediately at the top of a steep hill but the trench has been infilled and the ebike rolled through both sets of cones without incident.

Everything bought bar the bananas where on reduced Nectar price so cost me £16.60 rather than £20.64, and £1.53 future cashback in Nectar points.

Sun tried briefly to appear on the return but so did so very dark looking clouds.
I spend £2 or more on bananas it gets odd looks at check-out. You spent £16.60 on them!
How many did you buy?

classic33

Leg End Member
Off to wet Wales again tomorrow - we're disassembling the 'decking' at the caravan. We've 'sold' the caravan to a Polish dealer. The site has said we have to remove the decking - we were happy to leave it for a new caravan owner (for free) - there is nothing wrong with it, but the site has insisted it's removed (obviously want to upsell some new decking to them).

I'm dreading the dis-assembly as it's been 'nailed together' by the fitters some 20 years ago - there are very few, if any, screws or bolts. Going armed with power tools, pry bars and a 23 year old male (my son). I am not climbing on the floor unscrewing things.
Angle grinder if you have one.
Take the heads of nails/screws, then pulling pieces apart is easy.

Or drill the heads off for the same effect.

Mike_P

Guru
I spend £2 or more on bananas it gets odd looks at check-out. You spent £16.60 on them!
How many did you buy?

Two, they were the only things not reduced. The total bill for everything was £16.60.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Turned out to be one of those cloudy/sunny/cloudy/sunny (and repeat) days with added breeze so at least I got a load of washing line dried. Other than that bedding changed, vacuuming done, shopping completed and still time for an extended loop to the LBS to discuss prices for wheels.

If I've got my time zone calculations correct, final practice for the Bathurst 12hr race is due for live streaming shortly (11 hours ahead of GMT)

Top Bottom