Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Generally overcast. Car washed, coffee drunk, ebike to Sainsbury's via a couple of ABC pubs.

Confusing road closure sign on the way with an arrow pointing left when right or nothing at all would have been better. The closure was immediately at the top of a steep hill but the trench has been infilled and the ebike rolled through both sets of cones without incident.

Everything bought bar the bananas where on reduced Nectar price so cost me £16.60 rather than £20.64, and £1.53 future cashback in Nectar points.

Sun tried briefly to appear on the return but so did so very dark looking clouds.

Last edited:
Bright and sunny here chez Casa Reynard, but as I haven't been outside yet, I dunno how mild or not it actually is.

Slept so-so. Got about 4 hours of really decent sleep, and then just dozed after. Not brilliant, but far better than not getting any sleep at all. So still feel tired, and my head is still a bit of a snot factory. Am having a quiet day today as tomorrow will be very full on - two and a bit hours journey each way, leaving at half 6, and then a full day's stewarding. At least I'm not doing the driving, as I am travelling over to the show with a friend.

Currently sat here watching the world senior darts (Martin Adams v Dita Hedman).

Suppose I should do something about luncheon.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Off to wet Wales again tomorrow - we're disassembling the 'decking' at the caravan. We've 'sold' the caravan to a Polish dealer. The site has said we have to remove the decking - we were happy to leave it for a new caravan owner (for free) - there is nothing wrong with it, but the site has insisted it's removed (obviously want to upsell some new decking to them).

I'm dreading the dis-assembly as it's been 'nailed together' by the fitters some 20 years ago - there are very few, if any, screws or bolts. Going armed with power tools, pry bars and a 23 year old male (my son). I am not climbing on the floor unscrewing things.

watching my spot in the queue for a customer service chat. stated at #502, now I'm down to #58!!!! whoopie!!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
@@reynard, be careful if you see anything like this approaching, or in your house!
1708098517327.png

Mike_P

Guru
Ebike back out this pm under overcast sky's to Morrisons where I actually managed to use a mobile app voucher as they did have some ready meals in stock for a change.
Then in very light drizzle to Lidl where, miracle of miracles, they had stocks of both items I had activated vouchers for (their own Nakd bars and hand wash).
Onto Asda under sunny sky's to pick up a tin of Kenco Coffee which they seem to be cheapest for this week (£3.50).
Sunny merging with overcast for the final leg home.

Had a lovely luncheon of a ham & mustard sandwich (that's the ham finished), an apple, a pear and two :cuppa:

Stewarding kit and packup sorted for tomorrow. I get a lunch at the show as I'm stewarding, and the friend I'm travelling with also gets a lunch as she's doing the table (processing results) but it's a long day for both of us, and it's nice to have some snacks on hand for the early morning / mid afternoon munchies. Especially given the catering at this venue is not cheap.

Topped up all the wood bins in the house, so don't need to worry about that for a few days. Didn't even bother with the heating yesterday as the house was at 19C with almost no effort.

Just sat down with a nice :cuppa: and something marzipan-ish. Just going to have a nice quiet evening as I don't need to cook.

Top Bottom