Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I both sent, & received, a Valentine Card ♥

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an office in grey, overcast and distinctly damp underfoot Suffolk where the first coffee of the day is just at drinking temperature. I must have been tired when I went to bed last night as I forgot to set the alarms and overslept by just over half an hour. Despite this I still managed to have a quick couple of Weetabix, get everything else done and out of the house within 20 minutes allowing a slightly extended commute.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20240214-091030~2.png

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Microsoft have sent me a Valentine's Day update!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And as part of the update, they've replaced the taskbar box that gets you to the desktop with ''co-pilot.'' So I asked co-pilot how to get to the desktop and it incorrectly tells me that I should go to the taskbar box. That'll be the one that's disappeared because it's been replaced by co-pilot. So I switched co-pilot off in the hope that it would reappear. Nah! Nowt.

So if anybody else uses Microshambles, you may have to use Windows + D to get there.

(Nostalgic for the time when Alt+Tab would show you all open programs and the desktop.)

It's a mild and blustery day here chez Casa Reynard, with the occasional hefty shower passing through.

Slept well, although I now have a case of the sniffles. Oh joy... NOT! Anyways, spent the morning having a lovely if VERY muddy walk with a friend and her dogs around the local playing fields. Stopped off at the book swap and picked out a copy of The Project Club's Project Manual.

I had a copy of this when I was in prep school - it's probably in one of the boxes of books on the loft. But I just thought I'd snaffle it to have a furkle and a bit of a giggle. Funny how I actually remember some of the things that are in it. Like how to make a soft toy cat, and how to do tabletop photography or care for a pony and the like. I foresee an amusing hour or two being spent.

Will need to pop into town later as I have a small parcel to post, plus I need bread, milk, potatoes and some fruit. Along with some snacks for Saturday, as I'm stewarding at the Coventry & Leicester at NAEC Stoneleigh.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon and Madam Lexi wants her ham.

Top Bottom