Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Lovely 18 miles
First cuppa brewing
It's very damp underfoot

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Raining steadily at the moment but may ease off later.
Calmac never fails to complicate matters and there was already trouble last evening. Late sailing by Isle of Mull cancelled due to fire detection system not detecting and today's timetable is in chaos already. There have been numerous confusing text messages but fortunately I am not travelling.
The late Saturday sailing used to have a party atmosphere with mostly local traffic. On one occasion it did turn into a party as due to bad weather the skipper took us round the top of Lismore island which doubled the journey time and we had no real idea at the time where we actually were as it was pitch dark and stormy. The bar did good business that night.
There is talk of restricting Road Equivalent Tariff fares to island residents to raise more money for a struggling service. Touroid would pay 40% more and not before time IMO.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk. The bad news is that it's still very soggy underfoot after last night's rain. The good news is that the cloud has finally lifted and the skies are mostly blue at last and the first coffee of the day was one of better ones I've made recently.

This morning I must get round to cleaning the Spa Elan and the shoes I was wearing following on from Monday's muddy diversion in Cambridge which should leave the afternoon free for either another gentle bike ride or a longer stroll down to Felixstowe and along the seafront.

Mike_P

Guru
Rain has stopped and sun is trying to get out. Car to both Lidls this am in a fruitless, in terms of the main aim, hunt for a pair of walking/hiking shoes. My current ones have a seriously worn soles at the heal end and whilst potentially fixable (glue arrived yesterday and grips awaited) I was tempted by Thursdays offer. The little Lidl did have a set of shoes but too small while the big Lidl only had boots:sad:

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Rain has stopped and sun is trying to get out. Car to both Lidls this am in a fruitless, in terms of the main aim, hunt for a pair of walking/hiking shoes. My current ones have a seriously worn sokes at the heal end and whilst potentially fixable (glue arrived yesterday and grips awaited) I was tempted by Thursdays offer. The little Lidl did have a set of shoes but too small while the big Lidl only had boots:sad:

Not missing much I spotted a pair out the box in our Lidl. They are pretty cheep looking with quality to match they'd not last long. The soles have little if no grip before you even start using them.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Nice walk to see the witch in law sunny on the way and clouds on the way back.

Top Bottom