Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Windle

Über Member
I've made too much mash potatoes.

Anyone want any? ^_^

Hongkers beginning to quieten down now as CNY, year of the Dragon, starts tomorrow.

Do you have any cats? Cats will scoff mashed tatty like it's going out of fashion.

Oh, and happy new year!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a grey and overcast Sheffield. I can't tell if it's raining or not, but as this is Yorkshire it's safe to assume it is.

A cooked breakfast, two coffees and two glasses of orange juice have just been consumed so I'm going to have a 10 minute sit down to let everything settle before heading off to the rail station. The good news is that it's downhill from the hotel.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Look at who came up the figure that tells you all you need to know.

I had a look yesterday, did some checks and thought "ah, well".

Today's trip is to Grantham as I have to present myself to a pernickety building society who has very few branches and a silly low probate threshold. Just so they can confirm the solicitor-signed paperwork sent is me. :cursing:

tom73

Guru
I had a look yesterday, did some checks and thought "ah, well".

Today's trip is to Grantham as I have to present myself to a pernickety building society who has very few branches and a silly low probate threshold. Just so they can confirm the solicitor-signed paperwork sent is me. :cursing:

As much as I like building societies and am a member of a few. Many even big ones you do feel like you've gone back in time from the moment you walk in the door.

Windle

Über Member
I wondered about those figures too.

Thought it was just me.

Think it is just scaremongering by the pension sellers.

You're forgetting though that the figures won't assume by retirement a lot of people don't have any debts, house & cars (and bikes) paid for, less spending in general etc. The figures are meant to be for the 'perfect consumer', who still spends ££££'s every month on stuff they probably don't need to keep the modern capitalist gravy train a 'Rollin. Or maybe I'm just too cynical.

Top Bottom