Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that the Reynolds 501 tubing model with lugged frame, horizontal dropouts and canti brakes?

Very underrated bike IMO. I love the one I've built as a single speed.

The later luggless models (Pioneer Jaguar?) are great too. I rescued a lady's version which had been vandalised and raided the parts bin to get it working again. I sold it to a friend. If it had have been a size bigger to suit me, I'd have kept it for myself!

Yes, 501 butted tubing 18 gears. My friend has a Pioneer Jaguar but it weighs a ton! He likes it but I found it to be a bit of a monster being a 25 inch frame .

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Working day completed
Green recycling bin kerbside ready for the morning

Felling & cutting up into logs?
60ft+ wind blow landed in the orchard missing the fruit trees thankfully so cleared it up.
Two sectons will be put through the saw mil for gate posts and the rest has been firewooded

Bought a bar of soap today and observed on the wrapper of another brand, was the advice 'Directions for use'. :eek:
I don't believe it - ! :rofl:

If you are using bar soap on your body, rub the soap directly onto a wash cloth or loofah and get a really good lather, then apply to wet skin. Use a clean cloth every time you wash, and wash your loofah under clean water after each use.

side note, reminds me, in my late teens, almost 50 yrs ago, was staying at my girlfriend's family's summer house. 1 little old fashioned bathroom upstairs. was brushing my teeth & washing my face. I was a foreigner in their home; who is this boy? anyway, her little sister watched me & started laughing at me because I was applying the bar soap directly to my face, like I was an idiot. girlfriend speaks up & says, if you do that, it will clog your pores. they were also very particular about which way the TP roll goes on the holder. must come over the top, not up from the bottom ... ok then, I'll follow the rules so long as I get to keep my girlfriend, eh?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I Bought a cheap ladies Raleigh Pioneer Spirit cycle yesterday. I gave it a bit of a clean although it wasn't that dirty, I adjusted the gears to get the lower gears but now need to adjust it to get the higher ones. The bike doesn't look like it's had much use . I took it out for a test ride before I discovered that it couldn't get the higher gears. I discovered that it was fun to ride, it's like riding an old dirt track bike! I was having fun so I extended my short test ride to over 2 miles. The bike is quite heavy at 33 lbs but you don't notice it whilst riding.

I've got a 4130-frame 21-speed Raleigh Pioneer Trail, which I bought back in 2016. It's been quite modified so I have a wider range of gears, with new shifters/saddle/crankset/derailleurs/wheels and only gets occasional use. However, ask me which bikes I'll still have in 10 years from my collection and it'll probably be the Pioneer that's listed first.

SWMBO's home from my Dad's and, although I was late collecting, at least I did collect her. He's OK and a painting he'd bought arrived today. Edit: I bid on it, paid for it and he'll pay me back at some point. It's by my great-grandfather and goes into the collection which is slightly shrunk due to three being gifted on by my Mum's will.

Last edited:
Top Bottom