Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Garden Waste Bin's bin collected and returned to it's resting place near the back gate.

Windle

Über Member
Best commute of the week this morning to my favourite office, Plant Rock playing. Quite a bit of chainsaw activity in the wood opposite from Raby Estates. I thought at first they were just cutting up a tree in the middle that had fallen in the last lot of bad wind (oo'er), but they've cut down a few others too. Thinning out by cutting some diseased ones down maybe? It'll improve our view slightly although the wood acts as a windbreak in stormy weather. We'd get hammered from the South / Southwest if it wasn't there.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It is oddly comforting to be nice and warm in bed when a text comes pinging in and you know it is 0530 so Calmac passing on bad news and you just turn over and go back to sleep.
All morning sailings cancelled and a review at 1245 I discover when I do get up. Back to usual weather wet and very windy.

Living room in chaos of bags of shopping, some empty and others waiting to go into storage but no real pressure to get on with the work.
Washing machine has done it's stuff so need to go and attend to that and then coffee I think.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Sounds good to me :smile:

Phew that's a relief as I didn't want to be classified as a philistine if that's the right word 😉

I Bought a cheap ladies Raleigh Pioneer Spirit cycle yesterday. I gave it a bit of a clean although it wasn't that dirty, I adjusted the gears to get the lower gears but now need to adjust it to get the higher ones. The bike doesn't look like it's had much use . I took it out for a test ride before I discovered that it couldn't get the higher gears. I discovered that it was fun to ride, it's like riding an old dirt track bike! I was having fun so I extended my short test ride to over 2 miles. The bike is quite heavy at 33 lbs but you don't notice it whilst riding.

Top Bottom