Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I Bought a cheap ladies Raleigh Pioneer Spirit cycle yesterday. I gave it a bit of a clean although it wasn't that dirty, I adjusted the gears to get the lower gears but now need to adjust it to get the higher ones. The bike doesn't look like it's had much use . I took it out for a test ride before I discovered that it couldn't get the higher gears. I discovered that it was fun to ride, it's like riding an old dirt track bike! I was having fun so I extended my short test ride to over 2 miles. The bike is quite heavy at 33 lbs but you don't notice it whilst riding.

Is that the Reynolds 501 tubing model with lugged frame, horizontal dropouts and canti brakes?

Very underrated bike IMO. I love the one I've built as a single speed.

The later luggless models (Pioneer Jaguar?) are great too. I rescued a lady's version which had been vandalised and raided the parts bin to get it working again. I sold it to a friend. If it had have been a size bigger to suit me, I'd have kept it for myself!

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Lunchtime stroll completed under breezy whiteish blue sky

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Calmac announced that due to a change in weather direction a sailing was going to be attempted at 1325. They did not say that you have 4 minutes to check in but the computer probably shuts down regardless. They rule our lives.
While heading to this site I was sidetracked by a different site discussing reliability of the small ferry. As usual we get told what is best for us by people who do not live here and have seen a photo somewhere.
Priorities change and some regard the provision of hot food essential and I admit that when I travelled on business I did eat on board but now would not bother. One problem was the lack of any catering in Oban outside the 9 to 5 window. I was once ejected from a cafe for having the cheek to ask for a cooked breakfast at the unearthly hour of 0930. When Tesco opened it caused the local cafes to be a bit more cooperative.
Apparently the provision of cooked meals on board is a massive loss in financial terms and is in fact state subsidised which is something nobody realised before this argument arose.

A grey but bright day here chez Casa Reynard, cool and with a rather brisk breeze.

Slept well. Madam Lexi joined me - she didn't the other night, as she was peeved that I'd been gone for the whole day. Have had a gentle morning doing little bits here and there. No disturbance on the set traps.

Dragged my collapsible cat pen out of the utility room to check it over, as I haven't used it for about nine years. I bought it when I used to show with TICA as well as with the GCCF, as with TICA, you have to pay extra to hire a pen in the show hall. I couldn't justify stumping up for a Sturdi at the time so bought the Easipet (at 1/3 of the price) instead as it was the next most popular option with exhibitors. Just as well, as I didn't use it much given that Madam Lexi decided she that didn't enjoy the ring judging format.

Reason being, is I'm going to view a cat tomorrow, and I've been advised that she's ready to go if I want her. I said to the breeder that I'd rather not rush any decisions (err in haste, repent at leisure and all that), but as I'm a belt-and-braces kind of girl, it's good to be prepared for all eventualities. Which also means I need to dust off a cat carrier as well. Let's face it, this viewing can't go any worse than the one I did a month ago, where the cat in question ignored me for almost the entire time I was there...

Anyways, it is time for luncheon and I has a hungry.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
cool what did you get? can you get the dog to pay for them?

'twas a pair of Salomon Quest 4GTX.

71PXsUTxIVL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

tom73

Guru

Not down to me, one thing many pharmacies don't do well is efficient and timely service. Many still close for staff lunch ours won't even allow you collect meds that are ready when the pharmacist is on his lunch. Some don't even understand the basics of good customer service. Dispensing takes time but with better thought out work streams and stock management. They can do it much better it's not all down to funding but underfunding is not helping.
Even with this new service many will ignore it and still clog up GP's or even worse A&E.

Top Bottom