Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
No idea. It's one that looks nothing like the rest of Ilkley with it's access road on a concrete raft across the car park.
Work in the office and it quickly dawned on me I forgot the work mobile :smile: but then having walked to Asda at lunchtime I looked at my desk- aargh! No teabags, a visit to the nearest Sainsbury's Local followed.
Tesco Ilkley is built on the former railway station.

classic33

Leg End Member
started re-watching Ice Road Truckers. makes me feel warm & fuzzy all over, that I am NOT them :cold:
Wasn't the same when Lisa went from the series.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Google maps now gives directions from God.
Screenshot_20240130-202223.png

tyred

Legendary Member
I had a consultation with the doctor this morning regarding my ongoing sinus/post nasal drip problems and have been prescribed a different nasal spray so hope that works.

I walked to the chemist to pick it up after work to pick it up. At six times the cost of the other one, it better be good!

I extended my walk while I was out and the weather was nice and picked up some groceries on the way back.

Tried my new spray and it left a horrible taste in my mouth. The doctor says it will take at least a week before it makes much difference and I'm to talk to her again in six weeks.

Made a big pot of vegetable soup to last me the rest of the week.

All ready to relax for the rest of the evening. :becool:

It's been a cool and largely grey day here chez Casa Reynard, with some rain early doors.

Slept like a log after yesterday's trip to Alresford. Good journeys in both directions save some heavy traffic on the M25 near Heathrow on the outward leg due to a convoy of abnormal loads taking up two of the four lanes, and two lots of roadworks (M3 J4 and A10) on the return leg. Stopped at Winnall on the way home to tank up the car - petrol 2p a litre cheaper than in this corner of Cambs. The usual laughs to be had in the petrol station kiosk with the inevitable "you're not from around here" moment when I went to pay for my fuel. My East Anglian drawl must sound right odd to Hampshire ears. :laugh:

Visited Paul's grave, had a very nice walk despite the drizzle and fading light, and encountered the same two winos on the exact same bench as on my last trip down. I think they were smoking weed judging by the smell...

Have had a quiet day today. Done some databasing and set some rat traps. Managed to twang my hand in one of the traps - that'll learn me to try and bait the thing while the mechanism is cocked.

Spent the evening listening to the football on the radio. Arsenal have just beaten Nottingham Forest.

Top Bottom