Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
that's nice but can you use the money for a similar unit made w/ better plastic?

I do need a new greenhouse thingie but I'll look for a better one soon 👍

Gwylan

Veteran
Early morning meander around the lanes coming up. Bit murky.
Will need the hi-viz and lights this morning.
Hopefully the Amazon van, the fifth Vanman of the apocalypse, is still at the depot.

Haven't dared look at the temperature. Probably positive but single figures

Well it was a chilly 25 km not helped by losing my chum.
My left at the top of the hill meant the next one not the hill we were on. he was not having a lot of fun either.
I kept on
He took the very next left.
Lesson to make my route plan clearer.

Spent the rest of the day trying to get to the shower and change. Endless stream of "just" from the management. Also my cycling clobber today is reakky quite cozy.

Gwylan

Veteran
No idea. It's one that looks nothing like the rest of Ilkley with it's access road on a concrete raft across the car park.
Work in the office and it quickly dawned on me I forgot the work mobile :smile: but then having walked to Asda at lunchtime I looked at my desk- aargh! No teabags, a visit to the nearest Sainsbury's Local followed.

Yep that's the one.
We lived on Cowpasture Road.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
My working day is completed

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Minus 2C when I started out this morning and then while still in Oban rain started.
Fortunately this did not persist and when I arrived at the ferry terminal it was sunny. After the now usual ticket fiasco we had a lovely scenic crossing. This ferry runs very quietly and on calm sunny day can get a bit soporific so I had a couple of short snoozes.. Banks of low lying cloud added to the scenery and the boat was not very busy so nice and peaceful.
Why is it that no matter which direction we travel in the line I am in is last off?
Just now it does not matter too much but in summer with hordes of touroid it can get a bit fraught when they dawdle along and let nothing past.
Mounds of heavy stuff to unload from the car which has always been a problem. Fortunately a neighbour who had been on the ferry after collecting a work van appeared and carried a lot of the heavy stuff up to my door which was a great help.
House is pretty cold since the heating has been off for over a week so gas and electricity going full blast to raise some heat.

Top Bottom