Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I scramble my eggs in the pan, and always use a generous amount of butter, preferably the Cornish butter with sea salt crystals. It really transforms the dish.

And black pepper for me.

Gwylan

Veteran
Why can't people make a list rather than ringing every couple of minutes with something else they need 😔

Put the AnyList app on both your phones. Share the list. You can both manage it and add items in almost real time - if you have mobile data enabled
You just tick off the items as you buy them. Or find the spare at the back of the cupboard
Saves a lot of terse exchanges and the odd row in our household.

I'm going to do my garden bird count when and how I want to ! I have been watching the birds over several days and seeing what has been on our feeders. Just from today I have seen 2 Bluetits , 6 Chaffinches, 4 Greenfinches, 12 Goldfinches, 2 Blackbirds. The other day we had 30 Goldfinches and 8 Greenfinches. Come the official days we will hardly get anything!

Gwylan

Veteran
I'm going to do my garden bird count when and how I want to ! I have been watching the birds over several days and seeing what has been on our feeders. Just from today I have seen 2 Bluetits , 6 Chaffinches, 4 Greenfinches, 12 Goldfinches, 2 Blackbirds. The other day we had 30 Goldfinches and 8 Greenfinches. Come the official days we will hardly get anything!

It's your constitutional right to count your birds how and when you feel fit and proper.
Don't let them take that away from you.

Just jealous really. We have become a national sparrow reserve. Pass through in gangs of 10 or more.
The blackbird keeps complaining, but they ignore him.
Along with a dozen collared pigeons - doves. They are the blondes if the bird world.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
White Doves, about two dozen of them are regular swooping hither and thither or congregating on neighbours roofs. There's a chap a few houses away that has a business releasing them at various events. Being homing birds they always return to their roost. I've noticed that locally the pigeons and doves are increasingly sheltering under the Solar panels on roofs so I assume it is a learned activity.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
But buttery scrambled eggs! There's even merit in fried eggs with chips, particularly when there's tomato ketchup to set up a colour clash with the egg yolk.

🤢

tom73

Guru
Can't really start doing much need to keep an eye on the time. I've the dentist late morning so Charlies afternoon work looks like a easy evening one. Mrs 73 can't do as she's had to go into work for a meeting with the new contract provider. Following last weeks meeting with the commissioners. Having found out who it's going to be , she's ended up working for them before. They are a crap employer and provider. She will know more toady but it's looking like she's going to leave at some point. :sad:

Top Bottom