Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Even more questionable is the Bluetooth mouse!

Which makes even the idea of state religion even more questionable.

Certainly. but those who seek power rarely care about what form it comes in. A good example of this is the wonderfully cynical Bishop Talleyrand, who was appointed as a bishop by Louis XVI in pre revolutionary France, then swapped sides to the revolution, then to Napoleon, and somehow ended up helping to draw the map of Europe after Waterloo. He ended up as the 'Prince of Talleyrand'.

tom73

Guru
Certainly. but those who seek power rarely care about what form it comes in. A good example of this is the wonderfully cynical Bishop Talleyrand, who was appointed as a bishop by Louis XVI in pre revolutionary France, then swapped sides to the revolution, then to Napoleon, and somehow ended up helping to draw the map of Europe after Waterloo. He ended up as the 'Prince of Talleyrand'.

Neither do they care about how they get the money that comes with it. Like the Vatican owned massive Mayfair property portfolio. Comes from Pius XII who was happy to take money of people fleeing German persecution. But then refusing to offer them safety.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Used Hayters in my work too as do many parks dept and many ground staff well made machines and give good results. Still a British company. Atco are not what they use to be after Bosch bought them and hollowed out the company in mid 2000's. Selling all but name to another British maker Allett Mowers who rebranded then current Atco models under own name. Finally selling off the name around 2013 to a company in Italy, who now make them.
I'd also always go for self propelled makes things easier all round and go no less than 14in cut less than that is pretty pointless.

Ideally I would buy a lawn mower made in this country.

The other brands sold by the same shop are Husqvana and Masport. Neither of which sound very British names.

I spoke to someone very knowledgeable about approximate prices of mowers. They stock, for instance, a Haytor "roller" mower with 16 inch cutting width or an Atco self propelled petrol mower, 16 inch) for about £450. The battery ones are about £200 more expensive. This is an independent business, not one of the giant "sheds" garden centre.

When I visit their shop, I will take someone with me who knows about mowers, but I needed an approximate idea of cost.

I was lucky. I found a Honda powered Husqvarnafly tipped.

Top Bottom