Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
Hoovered downstairs floors and did some ironing,what a domestic god i am.Mrs P is lucky to have me.Oh and i forgot to mention about removing the blinking light in the bathroom.Sadly Homebase did not have a replacement in stock so it's on it's way at the speed of light from Amazonia.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain all day with a strong wind behind it.
Evening ferry cancelled along with the first morning one. I am booked on the next one at 1030 and they will have a review at 0945.
This is 15 minutes before final check in so I have to drive 21 miles before I find if the ferry is running or not. If not I then need to try to convert my tickets to a later date and then a blast back 4 miles to Fishnish if that one is running.
If nothing is sailing that means a round trip of about 50 miles and another night at home.
The heating will be off of course so it would mean a return to a cold house but fortunately I have food in the freezer and some vegetables as well as pasta or rice if needed..

tom73

Guru
New bread knife used, remarkably easy to cut today's loaf. Have never succeeded on making one that toasts well hence the purchase from Waitrose on Friday. Always just burn at the edges in the toaster.

One of the things Mrs 73 got me for Christmas was left handed bread knife. She did well given her limited knowledge of knives. It's well weighted and made. Makes cutting a breeze with the edge on the right side for me.

We had a lovely red sky this morning.

red sky.JPG

Mike_P

Guru
Definitely getting windy. Looks like the foam ear plugs tonight. Invested in a new pack the other week as the last pack was years old and hoping these will be softer.

Top Bottom