Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well
13c In the kitchen now so warming up slowly
Solar panels are exporting to the grid

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another gig ticket, outward train ticket and a Friday night in Yorkshire booked. Return trip not booked as the tickets are not yet on sale, but as I'm heading back to the same place on the Sunday I need to compare the rail ticket cost against a Saturday night hotel in the area.

Mike_P

Guru
Gave myself one and half hours to get a driving license renewal done at the post office expecting an enormous queue and a can you wait request. However, no queue bar myself and dealt with very quickly. Took three attempts for the photo. First too dark and second, as they decided to use the flash, my eyes shut.
Hence a lot of time to kill before a doctors appointment so managed in total 3.3 miles walked centered on the town centre. The on phone M&S gift voucher again failed to work, this time for iced buns, and it took two attempts to get it to accept it's code. Then decided to use up the 50p off bread voucher at Waitrose today as probably tomorrow they will have sold out.

Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Lunchtime stroll completed under chilly clear blue sky

Another brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright and chhhhhhhhhhilly day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. 17C upstairs and 14C downstairs in the house when I got up. Fire now blazing away merrily, and downstairs temp creeping up towards 16C. Which is probably as good as I'm going to get without plugging in an extra oil radiator. Have had a quiet morning working on a piece of writing that I will need for Monday a week.

This afternoon will be spent sorting out my kit for tomorrow. White coat has already been ironed, but I need to make sure all my judging stuff is present and correct (writing implements, hand gel, the toys I keep in my pockets, some spare stewarding sheets and some extra sheets of bank paper) and wrap up my specials. The show is in Buckden, which is closer to Huntington rather than St Neots. The show used to be in Wisbech way back when, before moving to Tydd St Giles.

I am grateful that today will likely be the last day I'll need to split firewood in large quantities. Well, I'll need to do enough for tomorrow as well, but the last couple of weeks have been a blur of excel spreadsheets and keeping the heating fed... But given how mild it's going to get, what I've got stashed in the garage will now do me well into next month.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon, and I has a hungry.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Back down to pester Calmac again and was surprised when I was offered bookings on two sailings on Monday so took the 1030 one on the basis that if it does not sail I have time to get to the alternative at a sensible time of day and do not have to keep my boot to the floor the whole way.
The roads should be clear by then but who knows what the higher parts are like. I have done some trips that way in the past and had to wear sunglasses due to the reflected light from the snow all round.
If I do have to switch there is more juggling of tickets as the ones I have would not be accepted now as they used to be. Fortunately the office is fairly near.
I have noticed in the past that fewer people leave the island on Mondays as the rest of the week is fully booked. Equally more are going the other way as there are still a surprising number of touroid around.

Top Bottom