Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My maternal grandmother worked in the Royal Arsenal (when it was actually an arsenal) during WW1. The noise made her profoundly deaf. She didn't hear another sound for the rest of her life. She died in the 1960`s.

I have a photograph somewhere. I'll have to dig it out!

Screenshot_20240117-131759~2.png

There we are... Top row, 3rd from the right

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Chilly lunchtime stroll completed
Re heated takeaway for lunch

Mike_P

Guru
Nottingham had an enormous Co-Op back in the day of local co-ops, the Greater Nottingham Co-operative Society if IIRC. In hindsight it was slightly oddly located right on the north west fringe of the city centre so once it closed the building became something of a white elephant. You could buy I think almost everything there but that was in a different retail climate where department stores ruled.
By coincidence what popped into my twitter X feed today
IMG_20240117_170242.jpg

Not so much in the background I would say, pretty much dominating the picture.

Last edited:
It's been another brrrrrrrrrrrright and chhhhhhhhhilly day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Spent the morning with a friend, walking around some local trails with her dogs. We had a good old chinwag and set the world to rights, and I was really made up that she thoroughly enjoyed the turkey, bacon & leek quiche I gave her last week. Popped into town on the way home to run a few errands. This included nipping into Tesco as I decided that I *did* want the fleecy bottom sheet that matched the duvet set I treated myself to on Saturday.

Petrol station is all dug up, as the work to redo the tanks has gotten underway. It should be finished by the end of next month. In the meanwhile, the nearest Tesco petrol station is in Newmarket. Having said that, all the local ones are charging the same price per litre, so it's no biggie. Only downside is that I lose my clubcard points, which is a pain, as they're doing double points on everything right now.

I have a full tank of fuel, which is enough for Saturday's trip to St Neots, some local puttering and the round trip down to Hampshire. But I do have a plan there, as when I go down to Alresford at the end of the month, I shall fuel up in the petrol station at the big Tesco at Winnall on the homeward leg. The only spanner in the works there is that I am supposed to go to Norwich to view a cat at some point, but I'm still not too sure when that's happening.

Spent the afternoon doing chores. The cat has now been fed and soon it will be time to feed me.

And apologies about clearing off last night - I got sidetracked working on a piece of artwork that I want to finish for the said trip down to Hampshire.

Top Bottom