Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Working day completed
Why don't others do as they were asked but then moan when it's not been done

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice dry day but still bitterly cold. Snow forecast for the next couple of days.

Cleared out one of my storage boxes and had a trip to the charity shop container at the dump which was busier than I have ever seen it. Lots of people must have been clearing out stuff over the weekend.
Another 3 boxes to get sorted out over the next few days.

Sods law tells me there are to be gales next week on the days I could be travelling so need to wait another couple of days and try for an earlier booking which is probably not possible at this late date.
The alternative ferry route means an 80 mile trip and an extra ferry as well but this one is not so likely to be cancelled.
There are endless complications with ticketing doing this as my return ticket will be automatically be cancelled if the outward leg is not used. No idea what hoops I will have to jump through to sort this out.
Life was simpler in the old days.

My brother tells me to book early if going to Shetland as it is getting difficult to get booked on the dates you want due to a vast increase in travellers.
The camp site he is involved with was crowded all last year and has a camper van on it even now.
Not sure I am up for the 200 mile drive to Aberdeen tho’.
Need to wait and see how my numerous hospital appointments work out.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had to go out and do a breakdown on my wife's car . It wouldn't start! First I went to Halfords to buy a set of heavy duty jump leads. I got Tomy wife's car , fitted the leads and got it going . I might have to fit new battery or charge it tomorrow.

My wife phoned me once from Dumbarton when our A60 would not start. She had been shown what to do which was thump the negative pole on the battery with the heavy spanner wedged in the engine compartment for this purpose. She said this did not work so I had to borrow the farm DAF pickup to go and get it going. On the return trip to Luss on Loch Lomondside the traffic volume was such that the DAF would not stay in one gear but kept hunting up and down the box. Frustrating.

It's been a sunny but bitterly cold day here chez Casa Reynard. That breeze made it right brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Slept a bit too well. As a result, ended up having to handwash bottom sheet and mattress protector after an oops moment with my menstrual cup. It's not often that happens, but I was well knackered... Ah well, hey ho.

Lovely luncheon of a ciabatta roll filled with sliced roast pork, then a tangerine, half an avocado and two :cuppa:

Spent the afternoon sawing firewood. Out of that breeze it was OK if you wrapped up warm. Trailer is now empty, so tomorrow I shall go and refill it despite still having the equivalent of three trailer loads stacked in the garage. When it's this cold, I'm burning about a trailer load a week, as the fire is going 24/7. And with next week's forecast looking decidedly soggy, another load in the garage and out of the weather won't go amiss.

I still have the stump of that cherry tree to deal with - just shy of three feet tall and about 14 inches through. The colour and grain on that looks fabulous (think burr walnut, but much more red in colour), so I am going to cut a nice slice out of that, let it dry, then sand it down and use it as a board or tray or something.

And it's time to feed the cat. I am being stared at.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Three of us at the velodrome track session in the end; two rode as a pair on the blue line for an hour and me. As usual I was mostly on the black line but also all over the place as it helps with track confidence in races.

One of the two riders on the blue line had a lovely ex-Wiggins Pinarello. I kept having a glance when lapping them.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I fancied some cream cheese on toast for my evening meal. I know it's not much to some, but I'm a light eater and four slices of lightly toasted, seeded wholemeal bread with some of this on is/was enough for me. I thought I'd try this limited edition truffle flavoured one, instead of the usual garlic and herbs one. I was a bit apprehensive, thinking it might be too truffle flavoured, but no, you can taste truffle, but only slightly. Anyway, it's quite nice and a bit different.

nc_ohc=TU106dWN0_UAX8s3YiE&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom