Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
a few months ago, maybe during the summer? I was on our 2nd (middle) floor & heard a loud bang, then a rumble. sounded like children running on the roof. I went outside & found a large chunk of ice. it must have been off an airplane, huh?

Mike_P

Guru
Three year warranty honoured by Lidl. Jan 2022 bought a thermometer with three remote sensors that also register humidity. One for the bike shed being the crucial use while the other two face north and west on outside structures to mitigate the effects of the sun in summer. One of those had got stuck on a humidity reading of 20%. Contacted them before Christmas and the replacement sensor arrived from the Netherlands this afternoon. Different in that it uses AA batteries rather than AAA.
Unexpected excitement of the wrong sought in Harrogate today, a bomb scare. A suspicious car parked near the courts. Lead to the bus I was waiting for appearing at ninety degrees to where I was expecting it to appear from.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Colder today than yesterday but got car deiced and went down the street for a nosy but the surfaces too slippy for comfortable walking.
Spent a nostalgic afternoon looking at cycle routes in Scotland. The only places I have not taken a bike to are islands of Arran and Islay.
Once anchored in the bay opposite the distillery on Jura for an uncomfortable night. Sheltered but a nasty swell came in and we rolled all night. On a neighbouring boat somebody fell out of their bunk and just slept on the cabin floor.
I was once offered the job of opening a new distillery on Arran but turned it down for a variety of reasons but mainly because I was only too well aware of the problems opening a new distillery on an island and once was enough.

I just let the cat in and it feels sub-zero outside, brrrr :cold:

johnnyb47

Guru
This morning I did the usual routine of going to work. Jumped into the car and drove half a mile down the road to pick my workmate up.It was 6.30 ,pitch black and I was around 10 minutes early so there no sign of him. Whilst I was at the side of the road in the middle of town waiting for him my front passenger side door opened and this lady got in and put her handbag down in the footwell.I looked at her and in a surprised tone I said "oh hello"
She looked across and instantly realised she had got into the wrong car!!!!
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I've got in the wrong car"she said.
I was in hysterics with laughter and thankfully she found the funny side of it to.

This morning I did the usual routine of going to work. Jumped into the car and drove half a mile down the road to pick my workmate up.It was 6.30 ,pitch black and I was around 10 minutes early so there no sign of him. Whilst I was at the side of the road in the middle of town waiting for him my front passenger side door opened and this lady got in and put her handbag down in the footwell.I looked at her and in a surprised tone I said "oh hello"
She looked across and instantly realised she had got into the wrong car!!!!
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I've got in the wrong car"she said.
I was in hysterics with laughter and thankfully she found the funny side of it to.

Could be the start of a wonderful friendship.

Top Bottom