Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been up in York for a couple of days. But I've now returned and caught up with mundanity itself. Lots of beer consumed. I fancy a wine tonight, just as a change.
ere! You can't just travel to and from Yorkshire without the correct visa's.
You're up to date on yer jabs?

tyred

Legendary Member
I ended up with an unexpected problem at work so didn't get to finish until 6.:angry:

I went to the shops and turned it into a 4 mile brisk walk. Doesn't seem to be as cold or icy this evening but care still recommended. I probably could have ventured for a ride but I've walked 8 miles today which is probably sufficient exercise for one day.

I used to do a lot of dark miles in winter but it doesn't have the same appeal to me any more. It's nice to see things in daylight and the back roads I like to cycle have become ever-busier.

Most of my neighbours never seem to go outside at all. It doesn't compute with me as I like are some outdoor exercise every day.

Made myself a big pot of vegetable soup which will last me a few days.

tyred

Legendary Member
Colder today than yesterday but got car deiced and went down the street for a nosy but the surfaces too slippy for comfortable walking.
Spent a nostalgic afternoon looking at cycle routes in Scotland. The only places I have not taken a bike to are islands of Arran and Islay.
Once anchored in the bay opposite the distillery on Jura for an uncomfortable night. Sheltered but a nasty swell came in and we rolled all night. On a neighbouring boat somebody fell out of their bunk and just slept on the cabin floor.
I was once offered the job of opening a new distillery on Arran but turned it down for a variety of reasons but mainly because I was only too well aware of the problems opening a new distillery on an island and once was enough.

I was on both Arran and Islay last year (and Cumbrae and Jura) and enjoyed it very much. I was lucky with the weather, I know, but Arran is stunningly beautiful.

Islay is nice too and has very quiet roads, very friendly people, distilleries, and beautiful IPA called Lochinaal (I think I spelt that right). It made a very nice weekend trip for me from here as I could leave my car in Ballycastle and take my Brompton on the small ferry that operates between Ballycastle and Port Ellen. It's definitely something I would repeat. The Port Charlotte Youth Hostel is a good place to stay too without breaking the bank.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What a lovely sunny day it turned out to be from what I could see through the loading dock door of the warehouse I was dragged to for work today. Over did things a bit and my legs are suffering for it. As said on the commuting thread I must remember how old I actually am, not how old I'd like to think I am.

Ebike will be called in to use on Wednesday with the assist level turned up to level 2 if this wind continues.

cookiemonster

Squire
😄

Attachments

• IMG_1145.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 18

johnnyb47

Guru
The next door neighbour came round tonight asking for some help.She lost her keys and couldn't get into her house and looked frozen to the bone.She's quite elderly and the only way i could get in was through an open top window in the kitchen.With a bit of gentle manoeuvring of my fat butt cheeks ,I managed to squeeze myself through the open window and fall on top of the draining board breaking a cup in the process.I opened the back door and let her in to have a warm drink (minus her favourite cup)

classic33

Leg End Member
The next door neighbour came round tonight asking for some help.She lost her keys and couldn't get into her house and looked frozen to the bone.She's quite elderly and the only way i could get in was through an open top window in the kitchen.With a bit of gentle manoeuvring of my fat butt cheeks ,I managed to squeeze myself through the open window and fall on top of the draining board breaking a cup in the process.I opened the back door and let her in to have a warm drink (minus her favourite cup)
You never broke her favourite cup?

Top Bottom