Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I always wonder why the council constantly grit the roads, even when completely unnecessary, yet they never bother doing anything with the pavements.
They have those yellow bins of salt/ grit placed hither and thither for the use of the Public. You do need your own shovel though.

I always wonder why the council constantly grit the roads, even when completely unnecessary, yet they never bother doing anything with the pavements.

Because anyone important would be driving a car, of course.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cold and frosty with temp when I got up of minus 1.3C outside.
Clear sky but sun has not yet appeared.
Strange the gritting lorry passing did not waken me this morning so I wonder if the road has indeed been gritted.
In this area of town there are no pavements anyway so when on foot you just have to get to the edge of the road when it is icy as it is usually gravel to stop sliding.
Not going out to check and since I have nothing planned I may be confined indoors today and probably tomorrow as well.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20240108-082651~2.png

@Reynard Not sure how recent this is, but it does get a bit deep there, doesn't it!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
View attachment 718346

@Reynard Not sure how recent this is, but it does get a bit deep there, doesn't it!

Just seen that - I think it happened yesterday. There's just under 1.5m of water at the deepest part apparently. If I was at work I could have checked the container number to see if it was a recent import and whether there was anything worth salvaging in it if it was.

Top Bottom