Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's been a raw, grey and drizzly day here chez Casa Reynard. It is very squelchy outside.

Did not sleep well. Brain wouldn't switch off after working late on those drawings last night, and then had an episode of the too hot, too cold, and eventually only dropped off well after 7am. So have been feeling rather meh today and have had a gentle day.

I had planned to cut up some firewood, but I just didn't fancy it. In any case, it drizzled all afternoon, so that kiboshed it anyway. Got everything ready for stewarding tomorrow, and hand washed some items that I couldn't put in the laundry the other day. Also topped up the wood bins in the house so that I don't need to do that when I get back from the show.

Don't need to cook tonight as there's lots of options in the fridge.

Am sat watching the news with a :cuppa: and a biskit.

Power of marketing.

Not really. The razor was bought on clearance. Good way to tell the difference between mine and the one belonging to the parental unit. The raspberry soap is actually a bar of shampoo. I don't buy shampoo in bottles, and the bars work very nicely for de-hairing purposes.

tyred

Legendary Member
Had a nice 19ish miles after work. I did a variation of my usual 20 mile route which I thought would be slightly longer but turned out to be slightly shorter.:wacko:

Popped to the shop for a few things and am looking forward to my steak and kidney pie and chips with a bottle of my favourite beer.:hungry:

The ****ING boyracers have started early tonight.:evil:Where can one buy one of those chains that shreds tyres...

Had a nice 19ish miles after work. I did a variation of my usual 20 mile route which I thought would be slightly longer but turned out to be slightly shorter.:wacko:

Popped to the shop for a few things and am looking forward to my steak and kidney pie and chips with a bottle of my favourite beer.:hungry:

The ****ING boyracers have started early tonight.:evil:Where can one buy one of those chains that shreds tyres...

I can provide you with a 1lb box of upholstery tacks if its any help... :whistle:

P.S. Enjoy the pie & chips :hungry:

I heard that throwing cans of cheap Aldi beer unopened out into the road makes them stop ....can't recall where I heard that mind...🧑🏿‍🔧
Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.
Zoo here fed so had a good hot pot with mash....🍲

Gwylan

Veteran
We have just come back from a friend's of the museum get together. It was a bit of a post Christmas fun day . We played old puzzles from the late 50's/60's. On the way home we popped into a charity shop and bought a Wedgewood bone china 4 piece dinner service , it was originally £100 but was marked down to £25. So we bought it . They said that it was for sale at that price otherwise it would have been binned ! :ohmy:

Less of the old puzzles from the 60s. That was my youth.

Gwylan

Veteran
Not really. The razor was bought on clearance. Good way to tell the difference between mine and the one belonging to the parental unit. The raspberry soap is actually a bar of shampoo. I don't buy shampoo in bottles, and the bars work very nicely for de-hairing purposes.

Tips that I've not too much use for.

In the late 60s I worked for a cosmetic company. I was assigned to a brand of male cosmetics, mostly skin care. It got a bit difficult when I realised what friend meant and the implications of partner.
I got the Afro Carribbean brand. Being WASP that went well too.

However if you can fix a squeaky front disc that would be useful.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I rode into work today - the first time since mid-December I've been in.

The only person I saw was one of the maintenance crew, who co-incidentally was my 2-minute man at the New Year's Day 5-mile time trial. I didn't realise this, and now feel slightly guilty for passing him after only 2 miles before the half-way turn :blush:

Oh, and I then rode uphill home through the Leeds Mountain Bike centre Red route, beating a pile of teenagers uphill on my cross bike whilst carrying a rucksack. I didn't feel guilty about that :laugh:

Last edited:
A bitsas supper tonight. The last of the turkey, vegetable & barley soup, the last tray of gyozas, some spicy prawn things, a custard tart and the obligatory :cuppa:

I shan't be buying the gyozas again, though being from the party canape range, they won't be back until the end of this year. Thank goodness. If I had paid full price for those, I'd have wanted my money back. They were edible, but tasteless. Three different fillings in the selection (chicken, prawn, vegetable), but if you were blindfolded, you wouldn't be able to tell which one was what.

Just feel really tired.

Top Bottom