Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
A quick measure of the doors, remembering the existing leather sofa came from the previous property and was a bit of a struggle to get in with scuff damage occurring, has resulted in a short list of three. Annoyingly no leather ones anywhere seem suitable, as if verging on being small enough they are all too dark for a north facing lounge. So two polyester covered ones and one a polyester/cotton combi identifed at Ikea packaged small enough to easilly get through a door. Looks like a trip there coming up.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Still dry with blue patches here .
Phone has done an update

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dry here - off to 'finally' close the caravan tomorrow - i.e. get rid. Mostly now unpacked, and any lightly used bedding has been washed, dried, and given to a charity in much need. We've sent a few other things their way. My wife noticed the 'shop' wasn't well stocked so I assume everything is being bought quickly - it's in a pretty poor part of Manchester.

Last job will be to recycle some metal to the tip and remove pots/pans cutlery, which we'll box up for camping trips instead.

Gwylan

Veteran
It's precipitating down.
Have errands all over the town.
The household car seems to have been assigned elsewhere.
Have to get clarity on who gave up their car when we became a single car household. Seems it was me.
So have to cycle.
Style dilemma - I have a cycling cape. Remember those?
Well this one is camo green and came from China
The photo implied you could use it to bivvy a family of four. But the model in the photo must only be 3 feet tall.
So its waterproof trousers, road menders hi vis coat and helmet liner.
Resigned to my feet getting wet.

Hey ho, onwards, fill up the breech, for Wales, Owain, St David and all that

Seems to have stopped raining. I'm off, now!

My errands included Screwfix, Sainsbury's, Argos, the refill shop and the Doctors.

Any of the first 4 could not do a worse job than the 5th on the list.
Unbelievable dogs breakfast over prescriptions for my eyes.
And another half wit behind the glass, behind the signs.
Signs that tell us they will not tolerate people complaining about their profound incompetence and lack of problem solving skills.
I got angry but I still don't have a prescription.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Style dilemma - I have a cycling cape. Remember those?
Well this one is camo green and came from China
The photo implied you could use it to bivvy a family of four. But the model in the photo must only be 3 feet tall.
So its waterproof trousers, road menders hi vis coat and helmet liner.
Resigned to my feet getting wet.

Remember oilskin capes, just remembered the smell.

Last nights jerk chicken has played havoc with me today, mind you it was a bit of a biohazard.

We have just come back from a friend's of the museum get together. It was a bit of a post Christmas fun day . We played old puzzles from the late 50's/60's. On the way home we popped into a charity shop and bought a Wedgewood bone china 4 piece dinner service , it was originally £100 but was marked down to £25. So we bought it . They said that it was for sale at that price otherwise it would have been binned ! :ohmy:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another not too bad day with sunshine and only one shower which lasted for about one minute got me when I was out on foot.
Forecast is for a dip in temperature starting tomorrow.
A reminder of how things used to work here.
Tried to order a refill for my calor gas heater and phoned the local main gas supplier which is a working quarry and this agency is only a sideline. Could not take my order as they were all working in the quarry but will phone back on Monday.
At one time you could find almost anything here and also find an expert on anything you might want to know about. You just had to know who to contact. For example if you wanted a new tv or get one fixed you went to "Margaret's Sweetie Shop" which did in fact sell nothing but sweets of all kinds. Eventually her brother Calum would get back to you who did have some tv sets in stock and did repairs.
All different nowadays.

Top Bottom