Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A guid New Year tae aw folk and lang may yer lum reek. Not a very PC statement nowadays and
even less PC to add "wey ither folks coal".
Did not bother going down to the town clock at midnight tho' heard lots of fireworks. No ships sounding their horns. A bit sad the apparent passing of age old traditions.
Dry and not much wind so far today.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning and a Happy New Year to all Mundaners from a bright & sunny Suffolk.

Coffee has been drunk, the washing is on and I'm looking to head out for a bike ride in an hour or two. New year, same old mundanity.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_4057~3.JPG

Lovely, peaceful, 3 miles around Pitsford Reservoir this morning with the 🐶
Until I got back to the car park, that is, where masses of people were warming up for a Fun Run (an oxymoron if ever I heard one!!)
Back home by about 09:00 for a big black coffee & yoghurt with chopped banana, honey and apple.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
And the 2024 travel shenanigans start - email from Greater Anglia informing me that a train I'm due to travel on in February has been cancelled, but no further information and all the other options are showing 'timetable unconfirmed'. Hopefully they'll sort things out before the beginning of February.

tyred

Legendary Member
Is it wrong of me to sit smug in my perfectly parked little Toyota and laugh at the antics of the trendy people in their enormous SUVs which they seem incapable of manoeuvring into a parking spot?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Greyish, mildish and dryish here chez Casa Reynard today, though given the amount of standing water, it looked like it hosed it down last night.

Slept well, and then after a quick brunch, it was off to Tesco for the traditional NYE yellow sticker hunt. Store was bloody heaving, and it took me 10 mins to get into the car park. Still, I was inside bang on 1pm. I did miss a few of the earlier markdowns, but judging by what was left, there wasn't anything of any great interest. Green bins, Xmas clearance and fruit & veg largely a bust, but loads in the chilled and in the bakery. Some of the markdowns were all over the place - things like cooked chicken and ready meals only went down by 50%, some chilled stuff and the fruit & veg (largely bags of salads and stir fry) by 75%. While other bits went down by 90%, and that made them positively bargainous.

Picked up three "finest" gammons, a job lot of locally-produced dry cure bacon, three trays of sausage rolls, two "finest" pizzas, two packs of posh pigs in blankets, a kilo wheel of Stilton, four trays of chicken & prawn party canapes, four small tubs of coleslaw, half a dozen packs of apples, two swedes, a job lot of assorted bagels, two wholemeal breads, some Portuguese custard tarts, Bakewell tarts and two bags of doughnuts.

Best buys by far were the gammons, reduced by 90% to £1.38 each, the packs of bacon at 36p each and the kilo of Stilton for £6

My fridge and freezer are now officially rammed full. Well, the latter will be by the time I've shoehorned two of the gammons and those sausages in there. I'm also well stocked up with fruit & veg thanks to the stickers and the Xmas offers. Other than needing milk at some point, I will not need to go grocery shopping for a while.

Have had a quiet afternoon listening to the footy. That did not go well. But at least the :cuppa: and the cheese on toast did.

Almost time to feed the cat. And tonight's food will be a raid-the-fridge job.

Must say I like a bit of fatty gammon, Mrs MY, of course, likes hers lean.

Top Bottom