Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
The house is buzzin,F i L is here sat in the high back chair knitting away.Two kids have arrived with many bags,and we have both been banned from entering the attic bedroom.All is well here in Meanwood.It's going to be a belting Christmas considering what has been going on since September,oh and one of our neighbours has invited us around for mince pie and mulled wine at six,and we are going,F i L says he might come to see our neighbours.All of you have a great time.

Tenkaykev

Guru
The house is buzzin,F i L is here sat in the high back chair knitting away.Two kids have arrived with many bags,and we have both been banned from entering the attic bedroom.All is well here in Meanwood.It's going to be a belting Christmas considering what has been going on since September,oh and one of our neighbours has invited us around for mince pie and mulled wine at six,and we are going,F i L says he might come to see our neighbours.All of you have a great time.

Lovely to hear Postie, a happy Christmas to you and yours 👍

classic33

Leg End Member
1703345340826.png

tom73

Guru
Afternoon jobs have gone a bit out the window. Just finishing off prepping the veg and boxing it ready for the fringe. Mrs 73 was bringing in the washing . I looked out only to see her go flying and taking a tumble on the path, rushed out fearing the worse.
A quick check over and ok for her to move. Once i'd help her get up and back in the house a good check over and she was ok. Other than her hand that hurts a bit. She not in pain and has full movement Lucky she did not hit her head. So bang went evenings job have to finish off things after the dog walk. Up till then we'd been working well together getting the job done.
Just made her something to eat and will be pampering her a bit tonight and keeping an eye on her.
Lucky her best jumper is ok but needs a good wash soon as so sorting that out now along with the rest of her clothes.
She having a good long hot bath in a bit so that will need another clean later.

Afternoon jobs have gone a bit out the window. Just finishing off prepping the veg and boxing it ready for the fringe. Mrs 73 was bringing in the washing . I looked out only to see her go flying and taking a tumble on the path, rushed out fearing the worse.
A quick check over and ok for her to move. Once i'd help her get up and back in the house a good check over and she was ok. Other than her hand that hurts a bit. She not in pain and has full movement Lucky she did not hit her head. So bang went evenings job have to finish off things after the dog walk. Up till then we'd been working well together getting the job done.
Just made her something to eat and will be pampering her a bit tonight and keeping an eye on her.
Lucky her best jumper is ok but needs a good wash soon as so sorting that out now along with the rest of her clothes.

Glad Mrs Tom is ok.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The Christmas post box tops are looking good.
IMG_0120.jpeg

tyred

Legendary Member
I got my breakfast as a Christmas freebie this morning as a regular customer so put the money in the tip box.

Been doing the Santa run delivering presents to various relatives for my Mum. Normally, I get my Parsley Post Office bike out for this but I'd likely be blown off it today, or drowned! I used the car instead. I've eaten far too much today.

Diet starts tomorrow next week next month 2025.

It's been a bright-ish, mild and breezy day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Had a kitchen morning, and now have a suitable quantity of spiced red cabbage braised in cider. Will deal with the cranberries and the rest of the fruit later - cranberry sauce as we've eaten the first lot I made, and a spiced fruit compote that's traditional for Wigilia tomorrow. Spent the afternoon sawing firewood. Have also cut some greenery (holly, variegated ivy and some assorted pine bits). Half of it is in a vase in the dining room, and the other half is now hanging on the front door.

Now sat here with a :cuppa: listening to Liverpool v Arsenal.

Ouch xxx Hope it's only Mrs Tom73's pride that's dented xxx

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Worst day I have seen for ages. Wind and rain never let up.
Nothing much achieved but since there was some church interiors posted earlier I looked out my photos of the Italian Chapel on Orkney.
Old tin huts and the chapel interior done with anything they could get by Italian POW’s. Tourists nicked some bits so the originator was found in Italy and brought back to fix the damage.
I have the exterior pictured as well but need to scan it later. Very impressive.

BD36995C-D289-4F17-BE18-07A6A25C6D1B.png

Top Bottom