Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Time for a few miles
Might be a bit blustery

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The South Circ is a nightmare for trucks.. Low bridges all over the place. Mind you, most companies with regular deliveries, like supermarkets & B&M type shops, have safe routes planned out. The difficulty arises when getting from one drop to another.
Mind you, all bridges are marked up with height signs.

Trouble is that some either chance it or do not read the signs. Connel Bridge is marked clearly and they still get stuck on a regular basis. The detour is via Glencoe and I have had in the past had to do over 60 miles to a destination half a mile north of the bridge. The bridge was still closed when I eventually reached my destination.
The last one was a static caravan on a truck. :wacko:

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the sun has finally made an appearance and the skies are a clear blue colour. The first coffee of the day has just been finished and a bowl of porridge will soon be microwaved for breakfast.

Later on today it's the work Chr***mas get together at a local pub with food & drink provided by management so I think I'll go out for a bike ride in a little while to build up an appetite and a bit of a thirst, although any alcohol intake will be the first for December thanks to the cold/chest infection I've had!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Still wet and very windy so not nice outside and the car has not yet been cleared of most rubbish.
I will probably have a trip out later so can get another bag full in.
Today somebody is having a "traditional" santa dash along the main street. No idea when such things became traditional here as it is clearly an import. In this weather anybody doing it has to be pretty keen.
If swearing is allowed then OVO can get a mention.
Couple of weeks ago they wrote telling me that as electricity prices are going to come down my direct debit is being reduced by a nominal amount.
Yesterday another letter telling me prices are in fact going up.
Have they any idea what they are doing?
It gets into the political side so not going any further but I suspect political connections.
Coffee time.

Top Bottom