Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Library seems to be open for the first time in weeks so went and changed my books.
Rain still hosing down but brought in another bag from the car while I was out anyway.
Looking at the weather forecast which is still pretty dire I noticed there was a sharp cut off point where the wind dropped further south.
This explains why the ferries are still sailing with no problems. Usually there is a change about the
“ neck” of the island with wind and rain coming across from the Atlantic through the gap and veering north to us or south towards Craignure. No idea what causes this effect but probably a slight change in the starting direction.
Cycling north with a tail wind this often turns into a head wind for about half a mile at the new camp site at Pennygowan with wind coming down Glen Forsa.
Fell asleep in the afternoon and wakened by my phone ringing. A London number rang off before I got myself together enough to answer. Most likely a junk call.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Must be getting close to Christmas as we have just had a few sprouts with our tea

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have just found the ideal cat for @Reynard. ^_^

612cc5cc34ffd096e75a2f60383cea9c.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've actually been out to kick start the pressie buying. On a detour on the way home, there was a tall-sided B&M truck caught under a fairly low railway bridge on the South Circular. Somehow it had managed to get stuck diagonally with the trailer offside wheels up in the air partially obstructing the opposite carriageway. A bit too much of a jam to get out of by letting the tyres down.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've actually been out to kick start the pressie buying. On a detour on the way home, there was a tall-sided B&M truck caught under a fairly low railway bridge on the South Circular. Somehow it had managed to get stuck diagonally with the trailer offside wheels up in the air partially obstructing the opposite carriageway. A bit too much of a jam to get out of by letting the tyres down.

The South Circ is a nightmare for trucks.. Low bridges all over the place. Mind you, most companies with regular deliveries, like supermarkets & B&M type shops, have safe routes planned out. The difficulty arises when getting from one drop to another.
Mind you, all bridges are marked up with height signs.

We have a very low bridge, (Under 3m) near work, that regularly gets whacked. Apparently last week someone drove a 4x4 under and hit the bridge so hard the doors flew open and the tyres burst.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Must be getting close to Christmas as we have just had a few sprouts with our tea
You let your biscuit supply run out?

tom73

Guru
Once back from the early morning dog walk I started work on some chocolate and orange biscuit dough. Good job next door is away with the noise of me smashing chocolate before 7 in the morning. Once made and rapped now resting in there fridge. Ready for baking in a few days. The flavour just's get better left resting. Was planning to do a few more bits of baking but as it's lovely, dry and mild the two loads of washing. In between a trip to the shops sort of got in the way. I did make a start on decorating the Christmas cake only to find I'm a few colours of icing short. See if i can put some up tomorrow, on a plus point i've though of a little change which will make it look nicer.
Once cleaned up rest of the afternoon was spent catching up on house work.

Top Bottom