Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
@Tenkaykev

I am sitting here with the headphones on. They are nicely muffling the tv programme.

I have charged up the headphones and tried to listen to some music on you tube. The headphones have no instructions, no sound coming through them. What do I do next? :scratch:

If you are on a Laptop you need to open the Bluetooth menu. I'm on a Macbook and don't know about a Windows machine, but there's usually an on screen button that lets you Pair a Bluetooth device. There's a little button on the headphones ( on mine it doubles as the on / off switch and has a teeny tiny Bluetooth logo engraved underneath. Hold this down for a few seconds and the blue light will start to blink rapidly. When it's doing this then it's looking for something to connect to, and hopefully the device will appear in the Blutooth menu on your laptop / computer.

Tenkaykev

Guru
If you are on a Laptop you need to open the Bluetooth menu. I'm on a Macbook and don't know about a Windows machine, but there's usually an on screen button that lets you Pair a Bluetooth device. There's a little button on the headphones ( on mine it doubles as the on / off switch and has a teeny tiny Bluetooth logo engraved underneath. Hold this down for a few seconds and the blue light will start to blink rapidly. When it's doing this then it's looking for something to connect to, and hopefully the device will appear in the Blutooth menu on your laptop / computer.

Meant to say the Bluetooth menu is under " Settings " or there may be a little bluetooth icon at the top / bottom of the screen.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thank you
Yes, I have found the button with bluetooth logo, and got the flashy blue light. Now looking for the blue tooth menu. Bear with me :scratch:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand breathe... Again.

Had a lovely luncheon of wholemeal toast, one slice with the last of the corned beef and some plum & banana chutney, and the other with some very fine St Andre cheese, which I picked up on YS the other day. Also had a pear, a tangerine and two :cuppa:

After seeing that next week is now forecast to be wet & windy (serves me right for buying a job lot of baked beans, I suppose), plans changed abruptly, and I went out lumberjilling with the intention of filling up a trailer. Half the trailer is the rest of the stuff I trimmed up previous week but couldn't fit it in back then, and the remainder is some oak and ash, plus the bottom half of a large cherry tree which I noticed was dead. Again, I couldn't bring all the wood in, but tomorrow I shall empty the trailer (and just dump the wood in the garage) and go back for another load on Saturday. That lot *should* see me through the festive season and into January.

Had to have a wash and put dry underwear on as I'd sweated so much hauling and heaving that cherry wood. I am very much in need of a long hot soak later, as I've stiffened up horribly.

Had a lovely supper of salmon in a parcel, clapshot, the last of the cream sauce and garlic mushrooms.

And then dealt with a parental temper tantrum over a cardboard box. She wants a box for a gift. Good boxes are in short supply at this time of year for obvious reasons, so I saved her one that would do from one of my ebay buys. Off she goes on her high horse that it's way too big, and starts trying to cut it down. Thank goodness I spotted that she was going to cut it far too small, and managed to persuade her to stop. Mainly because if she f*cks that up, I don't have *anything* else that's suitable. Not unless I decapitate the chocolate santas.

When I point that fact out, I get all the sh*t about "I don't want that box" and "the recipient will have to do without" etc, etc, etc. Thing is, by the time everything gets securely wrapped and padded out with crumpled brown paper, there won't actually be that much space left in the box at all. :banghead:

My head f*cking hurts.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Blue teeth and headphones, I am off to watch Tom Sellick aka Jessie Stone.

I am getting the ocasional twang of some thing through the headphones.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand breathe... Again.

Had a lovely luncheon of wholemeal toast, one slice with the last of the corned beef and some plum & banana chutney, and the other with some very fine St Andre cheese, which I picked up on YS the other day. Also had a pear, a tangerine and two :cuppa:

After seeing that next week is now forecast to be wet & windy (serves me right for buying a job lot of baked beans, I suppose), plans changed abruptly, and I went out lumberjilling with the intention of filling up a trailer. Half the trailer is the rest of the stuff I trimmed up previous week but couldn't fit it in back then, and the remainder is some oak and ash, plus the bottom half of a large cherry tree which I noticed was dead. Again, I couldn't bring all the wood in, but tomorrow I shall empty the trailer (and just dump the wood in the garage) and go back for another load on Saturday. That lot *should* see me through the festive season and into January.

Had to have a wash and put dry underwear on as I'd sweated so much hauling and heaving that cherry wood. I am very much in need of a long hot soak later, as I've stiffened up horribly.

Had a lovely supper of salmon in a parcel, clapshot, the last of the cream sauce and garlic mushrooms.

And then dealt with a parental temper tantrum over a cardboard box. She wants a box for a gift. Good boxes are in short supply at this time of year for obvious reasons, so I saved her one that would do from one of my ebay buys. Off she goes on her high horse that it's way too big, and starts trying to cut it down. Thank goodness I spotted that she was going to cut it far too small, and managed to persuade her to stop. Mainly because if she f*cks that up, I don't have *anything* else that's suitable. Not unless I decapitate the chocolate santas.

When I point that fact out, I get all the sh*t about "I don't want that box" and "the recipient will have to do without" etc, etc, etc. Thing is, by the time everything gets securely wrapped and padded out with crumpled brown paper, there won't actually be that much space left in the box at all. :banghead:

My head f*cking hurts.

Boxing day is supposed to come after Christmas, not on the 12 preceding wrapping days.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What a thorughly grey & dull day. Other then sorting out the broadband/TV package as mentioned this morning, I did nothing this afternoon except sit around drinking a couple of pints of squash and a couple of mugs of coffee* while watching the three recent Doctor Who specials to clear the recordings on the BT box prior to the arrival of the new EE box.

*With things tasting a bit 'off' at the moment, I've been drinking instant coffee once I've had the first 'proper' one of the day. The big jar's now empty so I've resorted to raiding the mini jar in my overnight bag and this is now almost empty as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning from a grey, overcast, chilly and slightly drizzly Suffolk. Yet another good night's sleep - over 8 hours without any interruptions and no need to get up early to phone in sick for work as I sorted that out when I phoned in yesterday. When I go back next Tuesday, it will be my first full day since 23rd November due to a combination of annual leave and sick leave.

The first coffee of the day has been long done & dusted so I think it's time for number two, accompanied by a bowl of malt wheaties and all while the work's laptop goes through yet another very slow update.

Just for the trainspotters - GBRF engine number 66703 (service 4L43) has just puled up at the holding point awaiting it's spot at the North rail terminal on Felixstowe Dock.
This the one?
ND038_1.JPG

Top Bottom