Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'll pass. I've no current need for a fast portrait lens unfortunately, as I've stopped doing cat photos for CP. :sad: New branch co-ordinator didn't even have the decency to let me know that I'd become surplus to requirements.

That's extremely discourteous!
I had a similar, but different, experience a while back with a forum I ran for a company. One day got someone rlse in to rejig it and take over. No notice, no thanks or appreciation, no nuffink!
Hey ho..

gbb

Squire
Today's 71 plate truck has 245,720 kilometres on the odometer.
It's raining outside but I'm in an underground delivery area so I'm staying dry 😊

who does the maintenance? are you a fleet driver of some kind?

Someone, somewhere does the maintenance.. I just drive from A to B and back again, occasionally via C D and/or E.
I don't get involved with the mucky bit.. When I was management, it was part of my job to sort maintenance but I never actually touched a spanner!
In the 90s I was in a company with a fleet of Mercedes lorries, I know the trailers had 6 weekly inspections conducted by the Merc dealership. I'm pretty sure the trucks used to...too.
Funnily enough I can remember the cost of each inspection, it used to come out at around £100 back then, expensive things to maintain,

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dull day but not currently raining and ferries appear to be running to today's published timetable so far.
Still not sorted a problem in that my eticket is for a sailing 25 minutes after the timetabled sailing. Probably just turn up in plenty of time and it may sort itself out. The new computerised ticketing system has no leeway and everything has to be exact.
In the good old days last year you got a ticket valid for a month on any sailing. Now the ticket is only for one specific sailing and becomes invalid immediately after sailing time.

Rant on FB from the kind of person we often get coming here. Been here 4 whole months and knows better than anybody who has lived here for years. Came from central London apparently so obviously superior to the peasants.

tom73

Guru
That's the mince pies all made and cooling on the rack washing up done and all cleaned down. So now time for :cuppa: and 1st mince pie of the year:hyper:. Still warm and fresh from the oven may have the other two as i've ended up with a odd number of pies. Been hours since breakfast and i've not stopped all morning since I got back with the dog. Anyway I made them so can if I want :hungry:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
The Patient watches a lot of garbage television programmes that are not my cup of tea, and he has the volume on loud.

If I bought these can I listen to my choice of music, and block out the noise of the television. Or can I sit in another room and not hear the television programme.

https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-wh-c...r-headphones-with-mic-remote/black/p110194493

"Secrets of the London Underground" is interesting for the first half hour, and "down hill carting with red bull wings" is tedious at times.

Can I suggest a pair of headphones that cover the ears, rather than sit on them, would be better both from a long term comfort & sound isolating pov.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The Patient watches a lot of garbage television programmes that are not my cup of tea, and he has the volume on loud.

If I bought these can I listen to my choice of music, and block out the noise of the television. Or can I sit in another room and not hear the television programme.
Would it be possible to persuade the Patient that headphones are a great way of hearing his programmes in stereophonic sound-surround? So he wears the headphones.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
In the 90s I was in a company with a fleet of Mercedes lorries, I know the trailers had 6 weekly inspections conducted by the Merc dealership. I'm pretty sure the trucks used to...too.
Funnily enough I can remember the cost of each inspection, it used to come out at around £100 back then, expensive things to maintain,

I think you'll find that it costs £100 to pop the bonnet now 😂

Top Bottom