Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Still dry but cold tho' it is actually less cold than yesterday.
A light dusting of snow on the highest Mull tops I can see and some also on a tip of mountain which just shows above the nearest Morvern hills.
Down to the Calmac office where I am greeted on first name terms. There is a trainee trying to get to grips with the chaos. Fortunately Michelle is there as tutor and sorts me a new booking but I notice that many are complaining on FB that they cannot currently book online. Anyway changed to a later ferry which should be sailing as normal.
Some sailings cancelled tomorrow and today due to bad weather somewhere unspecified but not here.
Travel now is a lottery and cannot be relied on. Fortunately I do not have to deal with this now on any kind of business as it would be a nightmare.

Bins have been emptied and back in position. My nearest neighbour is away and a large box was delivered and left outside their door. No idea when they will be back so I opened the door and shoved it inside under cover in case it rains. This blocks the whole entry so they will have to do a bit of shifting when they get back. It is quite normal for doors to be left unlocked here even when people are away. One person I remember was asked where her key was by a tradesman. The answer was "no idea and have not seen it for a couple of years." :unsure:

tom73

Guru
Shocking day at work pushed once too often today so ended up in bust up with management. Mostly got fobbed off with it's fine to things I had to say that are not working. Inc Me saying if it's as bad tomorrow I'm not stopping... that's fine came the reply. One thing I did get was if by magic the heating in the annex part of the school got turned on for the afternoon.

Had a lovely luncheon of a chunk of Melton Mowbray pork pie, two slices of toast, one with the last of the Polish sausage, one with some vintage cheddar cheese, plus and apple, a pear and two :cuppa:

Log bins filled, parental is all erranded out and I've been researching these engines with the help of Mr Google. Currently poking through some really nerdy stuff. No breakthrough so far, though.

Oh, and I have a :cuppa:

Bingo!!!

The orders book for the engine builders has survived, and is now in the IMechE archives. Unfortunately it's not been digitized, but I do have the order numbers for the four engines in question. I can now fire off an information request and see what they can dig out for me.

They also have a load of parts drawings. These have been digitized. Been poking through some random ones from the right time frame, and I've turned up a couple that are from the order numbers that are of interest to me.

I think a celebratory chunk of chocolate might be in order later this evening.

Top Bottom