Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Dog's been walked.. Ony a couple of miles today as she had a longer walk with granddaughter yesterday.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A very belated hello from Suffolk where it's yet another grey, wet and windy day. Not that I'm going anywhere as this cold just refuses to shift - another night of very broken sleep, coughing fits and an inability to breath clearly. I think I woke up from the latest doze at around 11:30 and the only reason I got out of bed was due to needing a glass of squash.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Headlight bulbs have been changed. No point, in my mind, to only doing one. That'll give me an emergency spare, too. Fuse had popped as well so that's also been replaced.
Why do I have to do a headstand in the drivers side footwell to access the fusebox!

Cold and grey here chez Casa Reynard. It rained overnight given how squelchy things are out, but it's currently not raining.

Did not sleep well. But I did have a good walk this morning with a friend and her two dogs. We all got very muddy, though fortunately I found some good puddles in which to wash the mud off my boots. Stopped off at the book exchange on the way home and picked up three books; one on Auschwitz, one about that violinist who was sold as a slave, and one on nursery rhymes for cats.

This afternoon I will have to run the parental to Littleport so she can sort something out at the quack, and I will have to top up the log bins, but then I plan on spending the rest of the time continuing to catalogue those engineering drawings.

As well as transmission parts, I've now got a series of drawings for engine modifications. All the same *type* of engine, but for four different units off the production line. They're a little bit older than the rest of the stuff I've been dealing with up until now, so I can't say if they're related to the other bits or not. I do know that the engines for the cars in question were loaned rather than bought, but at the moment, that's not a terribly helpful fact.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

I am slowly putting our room back together after re decorating. My wife wants our old hi fi working again . I had forgotten what the word phono meant as we haven't used it for so long . She says that she doesn't want our tape deck , it's a Kenwood stereo. Just looked on the bay and was shocked at the price some of them make .
I have connected our record player to the phono connection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom