Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Took a trip to King's Lynn today, but on the bus.
Advantages; someone else is doing the driving, being on the top floor I could see things I'd never seen before when in a car, went though some villages I'd never been through, and best of all; no parking problems - ! ^_^
And all that for £2 for the round trip. :okay:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Work completed for today. This has felt like a very long week so far.

Certainly has been here

classic33

Leg End Member
He had genuinely no idea what it was. Grasspoint seems to get a lot of rubbish washed ashore particularly after stormy weather.
Maybe I've been working to other rules then. But clearly wrapped "parcels" that wash ashore on UK beaches are reportable. Mainly because it's a known method of "delivery" for drugs into these islands. They may also have been dumped overboard, to evade being found onboard.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
just a little line to pick up a preordered bird
View attachment 714270

There was an article on the BBC today about warnings being given on the dangers of deep frying turkeys -
View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-67493451
- is this really a thing?

There was an article on the BBC today about warnings being given on the dangers of deep frying turkeys -
View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-67493451
- is this really a thing?

what? cooking them that way or the danger of fire?

yes, we've been to a family members house for tThanksgiving & they cooked their turkey in a fryer, in the drywall, far away from the house. they followed the correct procedure & there was zero drama. the bird comes out fantastic, not oily & not dry

I've read (& seen videos) about the dangers of fires like that, but I don't recall the correct & incorrect procedures

Jenkins

Legendary Member

yes, we've been to a family members house for tThanksgiving & they cooked their turkey in a fryer, in the drywall, far away from the house. they followed the correct procedure & there was zero drama. the bird comes out fantastic, not oily & not dry

I've read (& seen videos) about the dangers of fires like that, but I don't recall the correct & incorrect procedures

More the deep frying of them whole - pieces I can understand.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

If I recall statistics from an Allstate insurance commercial, 2 million people tried frying a turkey in this way, and 15 people succeeded in setting their house afire. Usually because they were not fallowing a rather lengthy and delicate procedure involved in this. Or trying to fry a frozen turkey.

Top Bottom