Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Reminds me of my former neighbour yelling at her cat for what "gifts" it had dragged in. Obviously had some effect as the cat then dragged in something potentially useful; a plastic bag
I just saw a cat ambush a big plastic bag in a side street this morning. However, the bag was evidently too easy a conquest because it then started to chase its own tail.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
That cat appears to be a Maine Coon Cat, or at least partly one. They always look pi$$ed off. 12-18 pounds, colonial farm cats.

Son no. 1 adopted one of those as a rescue cat from the RSPCA. They lied and said it was a fully-grown adult cat. It was at about 3 years old, by which time it's a large, grumpy eating thing that's also munched through the neighbour's rabbit and guinea pig.

He's moved away and left both his male rescue cats with us - one little friendly thing and the Manx. I offered the Manx to @Reynard but for obvious reasons she turned me down.

Currently there's a second, probably female, Maine Coon on the street. When they square up against each other it's loud and fighty.

I've been busy today . I've put a coat of sage green on one wall. Gone round to a friend's to have a look at his broken derailleur and then gone to Halfords to pick up my tyre and inner tube . On the way home I popped into a garage to get a P bulb for the auto gearbox indicator. At night it was hard to tell what gear it was in . I have fitted it now . It was a struggle getting to the bulb , not much room .

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Now here's the Smoke & Mirrors...
Having been triple-locked and, they say 900 squids better off, it'll go on my tax code so they'll claw about 20% of it back.. 😕

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dreadful day of wind and rain with the same forecast for tomorrow.
Virtually no exercise outside but did get round to sorting out more stuff for the charity shop.

At the surgery this morning the nurse agreed with me that it was a waste of time repeating the tests done last week but as she put it “ it is just what the doctor ordered so we just do as we are told”.
Just as well she is good with needles as the procedure is virtually painless and we agreed that she had been sticking needles in my arms for the last 13 years.

Mobile phone getting red hot with text messages from Calmac. The electrical problem was sorted by early afternoon but they then decided to cancel sailings for the rest of the day due to weather. The alternative ferry was still running and desperate pleas for lifts from foot passengers stuck at Craignure like a nurse from Oban wanting to get home and others with flights to catch at Glasgow or Edinburgh airports.
The alternative ferry was only working on a sailing by sailing basis so still dodgy.

Then Bt got in the game and wrote” our engineer Douglas is on their way to you now”. I did see his van arriving home with their dog in the passenger seat but he never appeared here. Perhaps if he was tracked going home it could look like he was coming to me. He knows that if there is a problem I will initially tackle him first anyway but the phone line now seems ok.

just a little line to pick up a preordered bird
IMG_6011.jpeg

Top Bottom