Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Lovely sunny morning with very little wind.
A day for a walk as cycling on the road is too dodgy with the low sun.
The off road route I fancy doing is too wet and muddy with the recent rain to be practical.
First however I must try again to track down the local dentist as I seem to have lost two fillings.
They must have been loose anyway but some Aldi chocolate did for them in the end.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A belated good morning from Suffolk where, in a complete contrast to yesterday, it's a lovely sunny morning.

I have spent the morning so for doing the grand sum of nothing except listening to the radio, having a couple of coffees, buying yet another gig ticket and investigating the logistics of getting to another one.

taking a sick day to clean the house

lazybloke

Considering a new username
A folded blanket placed at the foot end of the bed is now an overnight place for our youngest cat to curl up, it's stopped her trying to sleep on our heads, although i did forget she was there and accidentally pinged her into space the other evening.

From time to time in the small hours, she still pushes her nose into an eye-socket, or gently bites my wife's chin, but apart from that it's a good night of sleep.

Gwylan

Veteran
Just got an mail from Halifax saying they tried to contact me by phone but failed do could I please update my details. Click on this link.
They got my name and part of post code correct so very persuasive.
I do not have any connection with Halifax. :stop:

Had a discussion with "help" at Starling over a failed attempt to buy stuff on line with my details.
The impasse was when she wanted my home address to send me a new card
The discussion about which of us was trying to fool which got a bit weird.
The compromise we arrived at was that I told her I had not changed my address. So Starling could use my last known address.
We shall see.

Gwylan

Veteran
The new battery outing can be considered a success. +20k in the beautiful sunshine, very nice.
Picked up some very reasonably priced Miso soup sachets from Sainsbury. Some mistake it's twice their price elsewhere.

Today's experience suggests this new battery will have about 60k capacity. Maybe more in the summer.
Improvement on the 40k the other one delivered.

Tenkaykev

Guru
What are the economics like?

I'm of an age where I probably won't see " break even " ( though that could change depending on energy prices).
It was a substantial outlay as I wanted to " fill my roof " with panels as much as possible, and went with the GivEnergy " All in One " as it has a stated 13.5kWh battery capacity ( in reality it's more as they over provision it )
Although there are other systems that provide power backup in case of a local power outage, this is usually in the form of a couple of sockets. The system I have is seamless and acts as a sort of whole house UPS with a constant 6kW available ( until the battery is empty of course )
I'm reasonably well clued up as it's a subject that has interested me for years. When SolarPV first became popular I considered it, priced up the cost of a system and instead of installing solar I spent the would be cost on shares in National Grid.
Recent family events have focused our minds on mortality, and we're decluttering and spending a bit of money on housing improvements and other projects. As the saying goes " no pockets in a shroud " and " you're a long time looking at the lid "

Top Bottom