Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Had a great day by the sea dinner out was thinking can’t have pie again.
But then it was suet pastry steak and kidney pie you just have to. Worked it off wondering round then pub before the bus back. Now working way though 1/2 the bakers shop , birthday chocolate and sweets. May have another pint or two relaxing in front of the tv with Mrs73 and Charlie laid out sleeping at my feet.

classic33

Leg End Member
@tyred, you ready for Debi?
"Met Éireann has warned that it will be extremely gusty on Sunday night and Monday due to Storm Debi with potential danger to life. Possible impacts include: damage to exposed and vulnerable structures; disruption to services and transport; significant power outages; and fallen trees/branches."

classic33

Leg End Member
@tom73
IMG_20231112_195744.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
@tyred, you ready for Debi?
"Met Éireann has warned that it will be extremely gusty on Sunday night and Monday due to Storm Debi with potential danger to life. Possible impacts include: damage to exposed and vulnerable structures; disruption to services and transport; significant power outages; and fallen trees/branches."

Seems to be mostly in the midlands.

Share and share alike!
I now have my wife's sickness bug!

postman

Squire
Fuming here from Meanwood,ebay have sent an email asking for feedback on two items i bought this week.It goes on about how important it is.Well i have fired off two of my own back to the senders,telling them when they arrive sometime this week i will do feedback,but i also have told them i blame the crappy Royal Mail who are now bloody useless since going private.Dont let me get started on service or quality or lack of both.Since taking over there is less of everything except price increases.Our post box on the main road now only has one collection 9-00 am what friggin use is that,17-30 would be better,Plus i am sure we dont get a six day service,34 years i did and this lot are shoot.Rant over i am going to bed.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I found it, and saw your posts on the last page. No, I did not read all forty-nine pages. ^_^
The decision has been made - I've just paid the deposit for the solar set up of 10 panels and a 4.6kWh battery. Using the figures given, I may not make a return on my money for 10 years (if at all even with the export tariff) but with retirement next year I will be reducing my future outgoings once it is set up. The funds are coming from a savings account set up last year when I took partial retirement specially for home improvements (at the time I was thinking carpets and decorating :laugh:) and it leaves my long term savings intact.

Top Bottom