Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Bit misty on the way home tonight.. 🌫

Urgh... Sprint race = snore and VAR = bloody sucks. :angry:

Had a lovely supper of a reprise of yesterday's chicken & bacon casserole, clapshot and as I had no more mushrooms, did steamed and buttered savoy cabbage to go alongside.

In better news, I've found both the Senior FF1600 calendars I was after, and have managed to pin down two "orphan" races that I didn't know Paul did. One of these dates a small batch of photos from Donington that I originally thought were from a Junior FF1600 race in May, but thanks to the cataloguing process, noticed a few things that didn't quite wash - including Jason Elliott's Duckhams-liveried works RF86 in the background of one. Turns out the photos are actually from a meeting in September. I don't have the programmes for either, so couldn't cross-check the car numbers in the photos against the entry list.

I now need to assume that Paul did more Senior FF1600 races than I thought. Fortunately I have the entire 1986 print run of MN to hand, but it means I will have to comb through them pretty thoroughly.

classic33

Leg End Member

Had a lovely supper of a reprise of yesterday's chicken & bacon casserole, clapshot and as I had no more mushrooms, did steamed and buttered savoy cabbage to go alongside.

In better news, I've found both the Senior FF1600 calendars I was after, and have managed to pin down two "orphan" races that I didn't know Paul did. One of these dates a small batch of photos from Donington that I originally thought were from a Junior FF1600 race in May, but thanks to the cataloguing process, noticed a few things that didn't quite wash - including Jason Elliott's Duckhams-liveried works RF86 in the background of one. Turns out the photos are actually from a meeting in September. I don't have the programmes for either, so couldn't cross-check the car numbers in the photos against the entry list.

I now need to assume that Paul did more Senior FF1600 races than I thought. Fortunately I have the entire 1986 print run of MN to hand, but it means I will have to comb through them pretty thoroughly.
They need to ditch the sprint race format. Loose/damage a car in the sprint and you're on your backfoot for the main race.

There's also the fact that they're not treating the two races as seperate races from now on. Very little that can be done to set the cars up for the main race.

They need to ditch the sprint race format. Loose/damage a car in the sprint and you're on your backfoot for the main race.

No different to binning a car in qualifying. That's motor racing.

There's also the fact that they're not treating the two races as seperate races from now on. Very little that can be done to set the cars up for the main race.

Certainly the standalone sprint format. It's all a bit pointless.

If we do have to have a sprint, I much preferred the jeopardy of the original format, where the result of the sprint set the grid for the main race.

classic33

Leg End Member
No different to binning a car in qualifying. That's motor racing.

Certainly the standalone sprint format. It's all a bit pointless.

If we do have to have a sprint, I much preferred the jeopardy of the original format, where the result of the sprint set the grid for the main race.
Either treat them as two seperate races, allowing parts that may have been damaged in the first to allow it to take part in the main race, without penalty. Or just drop them.

The whole weekend is going too far down the American route. Trying to be something it isn't, nor can it be.

Magpies

I 'inaugurated' the Tacx trainer acquired secondhand this week, and have already doubled my usual weekly mileage through virtual rides . I'm hoping this will be a temporary infatuation - until the free trial period runs out! Then back to the great outdoors. Regular afternoon rains in the past week have led to cool, fresh mornings in Singapore, much more pleasant for cycling.

D

Deleted member 1258

I enjoyed the sprint race.

Yes! It isn't long enough to be interesting and produces more pollution. The risk of damage could put a driver and car out for the main race.

Top Bottom