Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
A question for @tom73 and Mrs tom73.

Please note I do not want to get into politics on this. I was shocked (understatement) to hear that a Politician thought he should be the one to "tirage" Covid patients in 2020. (Yes I have been watching the televised Inquiry).

Was he deluded? Are Consultants and Doctors in a better position to make those decisions?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Given SWMBO was traumatised by having to decide which of two patients would be tube-fed, and therefore survive, when they had a shortage of feed pumps he either is a delusional psychopath or hadn't a clue what a throwaway comment actually meant in reality. Or both.

And no @Speicher , I doubt he would have had the influence or information. An unqualified and unexperienced non-medical individual deciding who lives and who dies? There's a name for those individuals whether government/company employee/criminal.

@tom73 - I'm guessing Mrs tom73 may have a ruder summary.

Mike_P

Guru
Did I say 16 button pushes. Forgot about actually getting a picture on the screen so 19 to flip between Freesat and Freeview. All now replaced by one touch on the multi device remote.
Work laptop started okay this morning but trying to use Snip & Sketch and PowerPoint at the same time this afternoon caused a complete lockup needing a hard reboot. Happened again so good old Paint used instead of Snip & Sketch.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Don't know how I managed it, but with the exception of a bit of light drizzle on the walk down to York rail station this morning I avoided all the rain. Plenty of evidence of it around - the Ouse in York was well over the footpath and gardens under the Skeldergate bridge, the Welney Washes were nicely filled and the River Gipping between Stowmarket & Ipswich had burst its banks in a number of places.

Hopefully it will be dry on Friday so I can get out and about for a bit then on Saturday I'm off to Brands Hatch for the truck racing followed by Silverstone on Sunday for the Walter Hayes Trophy meeting (big end of the year Formula Ford bash).

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I've just had a listen. I will admit to being sceptical about the whole project and felt they shouldn't bother.

Now that I've heard it, it's not bad at all and I like it.

Elegiac sounding, but good. I like it a great deal.

tyred

Legendary Member
A new pension book cover?

No idea what's so special about a bunch of 80 somethings taking their deceased colleague's 45+ year old tape recording and getting a computer to turn it into extra cash for themselves.

They can't possibly need the money.

I'd like to be charitable and say they did it as an artistic exercise because they had access to technology that meant they could, and as a tribute to John.

Tesco got tescoed. Am all stocked up on bread, milk and fresh fruit & veg again. Bags of potatoes have shrunk by half a kilo, the green bins were full of bottles of tomato ketchup and I picked up green beans, brioche rolls and venison salami on yellow sticker.

Didn't go to Aldi as I ran out of time. Only two checkouts open in Tesco, so had to queue. No one wants to use the new trolley self service jobbies, me included. I'll go to Aldi next week, as I have some errands to run in town anyways.

Thai curry and rice for supper.

Now editing the photos from the SCWT photoshoot.

Don't know how I managed it, but with the exception of a bit of light drizzle on the walk down to York rail station this morning I avoided all the rain. Plenty of evidence of it around - the Ouse in York was well over the footpath and gardens under the Skeldergate bridge, the Welney Washes were nicely filled and the River Gipping between Stowmarket & Ipswich had burst its banks in a number of places.

Hopefully it will be dry on Friday so I can get out and about for a bit then on Saturday I'm off to Brands Hatch for the truck racing followed by Silverstone on Sunday for the Walter Hayes Trophy meeting (big end of the year Formula Ford bash).

All the diversion signs are set up this side of Welney. Am assuming the causeway is well under water.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Elegiac sounding, but good. I like it a great deal.

I've only heard a 50 second excerpt but it is very, very Lennon. I'd love to hear the original though, simply to know what they had when they dropped it. That's probably mostly so that I can let my ear judge what it might have been like in its own time rather than ours.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After a heavy rainstorm earlier on, most of the day has simply been very grey and drizzly. But it seems that storm Ciarán gave us a bigger depression than we have seen in over 20 years around here. Now that we are no longer in the middle of the depression it's getting more windy even though Ciarán is losing some of its force.

Top Bottom