Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Depends where you plan on buying them; Home Bargains or Waitrose - ! :laugh:

It will vary. Some from the local Bakery, some from Asda, and some from Waitrose.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Well, the "Finest" all-butter ones in Tesco are £3 for a box of 6. Would depend if there's any offers on, but at the full whack, that's 50p per Min Spy.

Which means that you'd be able to buy 200 of the Tesco's "finest" ones.

Have you tried those in your taste tests? I would rather buy really nice ones, and eat less of them, than have cheaper ones.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Hazy sunshine all day but roads never dried out. Light SWWind.
Lochaline/Fishnish ferry had to do a shuttle service to clear the high volume of traffic using this route.
I wonder if Corran ferry being back coupled with reduced capacity on the Oban ferry caused this?
Not feeling on top form today so just had a car trip up to the dump with stuff for the charity shop.
The container for surplus paint is full and overflowing well out into the yard. They may be waiting to get a minimum load away as it will not be landfill.
Nobody usually bothers you but today a disabled guy was hanging around so he unloaded the stuff for me. No idea what his condition is called but he is partly paralysed and a bit distorted from face to foot down one side of his body. His speech is also slurred.
He came here on holiday from a town in northern England at least 15 years ago to visit a relative and has been here ever since. The reason he stayed he said was because nobody laughed at him here and everybody was nice to him.

I'm angry with Dunelm!
We went to Swindon on Sunday and visited their shop . SWMBO wanted to buy a rug , curtains and cushions . She bought the curtains and cushions and then we went to look at rugs . I found a nice large bottle green one which would have been suitable . My wife asked a member of staff and they went to check the stores. They were out of stock . I almost said why don't we have the one on display but she was talking . We could order it on line ! We got home and SWMBO tried ordering it . Colour we wanted out of stock . She tried another colour , the same! We tried ringing the store several times again in the week but no answer! Today my wife contacted their customer services . They are discontinued! We shot up there a little while ago , the rugs had gone! :angry: Why couldn't they have said that in the beginning?

My good lady wife got my new iphone working for me today (such things are beyond me). Anyway I’ve been out for a walk with it and so far I’m really liking it. It has a nice feel to it and the camera is apparently a lot more capable than the old one. The old one was a 7, this is a 12 pro.
When I say ‘new’ I mean ‘new to me’, having saved myself several hundred £ by buying it second hand from Apple, ‘refurbished’ as they put it. Time will tell if this was a good move but its looking good so far. (Fingers crossed ^_^)

Top Bottom