Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Politicians clock?

Each face gives a different answer, when you want to know the time, leaving you wondering which is correct.

Our town clock was like that for a few years till they got round to sorting it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Heavy rain and windy this morning. Complete contrast from yesterday and just as well I got out for a run then as definitely not going out in what we have now.
I had considered gathering together a bundle of stuff to go to the charity shop or dump as appropriate but that can wait.

Strange no great dramas reported on FB but just loads of Christmas adverts. Even the ferries seem to be running as normal.

pawl

Legendary Member
Why is everyone in the news talking about Artificial Insemination? :wacko:

Saves people doing the job properly 🤪🤪🤪

Just found out that the tip at Enders takes part used paint.

Will get that sorted soon as the racks in the garage looks like .the paint aisle at B&Q.

When volunteering on The Welshpool and Llanfair preserved railway as a teenager I once spent two very happy weeks alone in the carriage shed, painting a carriage with a big pot of what was essentially all the leftovers mixed together. For those who may have visited the railway, this is why the 'mess coach' was mostly dark green for about a decade.

Bearing in mind what was poured into the big pot, dark green was probably the best possible outcome.

Useless extra information: I painted the buffer beam red, but several people of a certain mindset got quite uppity about this as "only locomotives have red buffer beams". Someone was upset enough to paint it black a few weeks later, which is why there are a couple of images of the carriage with a red buffer beam but most show it black.

Top Bottom