Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa going down well
Rained well during the night

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
First job is to pick up my Estrella from the LBS, Ultegra cranks have been checked and unfortunately found to be ok. Which means they could fail at any time :sad:
I've had 11 of the 12 we had checked pass, one fail. According to my LBS it's the older Ultegra ones that are failing.

The optimist in me wonders if Shimano used a different bonding process and changed it. The pessimist is waiting for the others to fail.

tom73

Guru
I really must remember that my body isn't the young one my mind thinks it is when offering to help out at work. Moving, lifting & sorting the contents of 30kg cartons USED to be easier I'm sure of it. I don't envy my colleagues the next couple of days work finishing the job off, although it will be a very high value detention of counterfeit clothing when they're done.

As for me - I'm off to York tomorrow to see The Bug Club (again) at the Crescent arriving in plenty of time for a quick trip round the NRM and then a pub lunch somewhere before booking into the hotel.

You ever called in to the Guy Fawkes pub ? Nice mix of beers and they do a great hand made cooked to order pie.
Not cheep but worth it and the 30 minis wait for it. Which they make clear when you order it. The Sticky Toffee Pudding is nice too.

classic33

Leg End Member
Airing the apartment. Today is a public holiday so it's utterly silent outside; all I can hear is the ticking of my clock and a very occasional car passing.
Why's your clock outside?

Or is your clock on the local Town Hall.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from soggy Suffolk thanks to yet more overnight rain and the radar is showing yet another band heading this way. Looks like I'm going to need a raincoat for the next couple of days instead of a warm jacket.

The first cuppa of the day has just been finished and I hope the caffeine fix kicks in soon to sort out a poor night's sleep. Next up is breakfast and then out of the house in about 45 minutes to head north.

Top Bottom