Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:hyper:
There is a new resident in the house opposite.

Only ten weeks old! :wub:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Some spits of rain but nothing serious so went out to visit my wildlife buddy.

One of the annoying things about my Kettwiesel trike is that the lights do not work and I cannot work out why this is. Checked everything I can think of and the book which came with it is useless. Tried on line for possible reasons and wiring diagrams but so far nothing useful. Another annoyance is there is a conspicuous lack of places to mount anything like aftermarket lights.
I have no intention of being out after dark but I prefer to be prepared if necessary so mounted a light on the rear bag I always carry. Not ideal but it is an old handlebar bag and will not be damaged and better than no lights.

It only took me about half an hour to change the car clock. The handbook has screeds on navigation systems and how to use the built in phone which this car does not have but is very coy about simple things like clock setting. Took me ages to find the right bit tucked away as inconspicuously as possible and not really in the index either.
Life is full of problems.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
"After ten years or more living in a very nice town house with our horses ten km away here in the Lot, we have finally " bitten the bullet" and bought a very beautiful farm house with barns and cattle buildings plus 16 or 17 hectares of mixed forest and grassland. The whole thing is exciting and scary at one and the same time. Just for the record , this is the house : needs a bit of TLC and l can't wait to get stuck in

View attachment 711694

Idyllic.

Mike_P

Guru
A sunny interval did appear out of the overcast skys so the ebike headed to the nearest Lidl, getting cut up by a mobility scooter whose driver did not bother to look right as he turned out in front of me. Then just before the bridge over the railway on the Nidderdale Greenway proper a very slow dog brought me to a crawl just at then point you need a smidge of speed.

Lidl had no oranges so called into Asda as I was otherwise passing it on the return; that was after a slowing needed for a person wandering out in front with a kite. For the return home from Asda the sun had vanished. 7 1/2 miles.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Turned out to be a nice mild sunny day 2 loads of washing done and now fetched in off the line. After a nice afternoon walk filled the green bin with the last of left over garden waste. Thought I'd clear it all before they stop collections turned out all cleaned with a collection spare.
Thought i'd check the rat traps and bait station been nothing doing for weeks. Due to all the rain not check them for a bit found 1/2 bait gone and one trap complete with rat.
Other than keep going can't think what else to do, they dig under the neighbours gravel board to get the voids under his concrete path and seating area base.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
In case anyone is wondering. the new resident is a Cavapoo puppy.

He was rather sleepy when I met him. He is called Teddy and is a very lucky puppy. As well as his Chief of Staff, he has four other staff in two other houses, (all the same family) and may yet gain two more, in a third house.

The breeder was not prepared to let the puppy go to a home where the owner(s) were out all day.

Morning.
It looks dry out at the moment. It certainly wasn't when we went out last night down to Bath to listen to some live musics!
There were huge lakes on the A4 going to Bath . We had to try to avoid a huge lake on a road going to the place where the music was being held . It was a good job as there was a dual carriageway as one side was dry , so we back tracked and went via that side . We came back via the A 420.

Top Bottom