Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Belated happy birthday Speicher.

Lovely bright sunny morning with little wind. The outside temperature sensor seems to have given up so no idea of temperature but it looks cold outside. I am not going out to check till it warms up a bit.
Seems like a triking day as I have nothing else of note to do.
One ferry was late yesterday as a vehicle on the car deck could not get off for some unstated reason.
I was once approached by a local who asked if I could give him a tow off the ferry as his engine would not start due to a battery failure which he knew about before he got on board. With a tow hitch it was no problem and I even had a good tow rope with me. I doubt they would allow such things nowadays but we did not regard it as anything to get excited about.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The batteries in my tv remote control need replacing. If I have the time I'll do it later.

tom73

Guru

Fitzroy was quite a pioneer and a troubled old soul. As captain on the Beagle it's him we've to thank for Darwin being on the voyage.
Having placed an advert for a companion for the voyage , being deeply religious he never quite got over it. Now known to have had long term depression. In the end he killed himself when suffering from a bad spell in his mental health.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Apparently, today is Crisp Sandwich Day.
F9Iegf1XEAA7yhK?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Apparently, today is Crisp Sandwich Day.
View attachment 711206

...and, completely by chance, I've just bought bread and crisps.

Top Bottom