Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I have to go to Screwix (not a dating site!) tomorrow to get a new kitchen sink plughole as the present one broke this afternoon.

When I was a kid we needed a new plug for our kitchen sink so at work my dad just turned a new one out of some Polypenco.
It was still going strong many years later , when they replace the kitchen I kept the plug. i've never found any plug that fit's with such precision

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I was a kid we needed a new plug for our kitchen sink so at work my dad just turned a new one out of some Polypenco.
It was still going strong many years later , when they replace the kitchen I kept the plug. i've never found any plug that fit's with such precision

This is the underneath plastic bit with a built in plug thingie that the water drains through. Maybe I'd need a 3D printer to make one! 😏

I have eventually calmed down. We have been moving furniture in and out of rooms over the past few days and it has been wearing me down . I think the bit which launched me into orbit was when I snagged my hand on a sticking out self tapping screw . It used to hold a wooden knob on a drawer. I swore that I would hit it through with a hammer! I did but it didn't! I couldn't believe it when I looked inside. The screw is blind! There is a 0.5 inch pine facia panel which the screw goes through, the facia panel is then somehow fixed to the drawer which is also made up of 0.5 inch solid pine. The set of drawers weighs a ton! I think it is bullet proof!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
You just know it's going to be one of those days when the first carton you open from a container load holds boomboxes with a counterfeit Louis Vuitton print. Yes it was as nasty as it sounds and the rest of the cr4p detained wasn't much better. Don't people realise I'm supposed to be winding down to retirement, not working harder than ever?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Nurses and doctors had a lot of trouble finding a vein in my arm.

This meant that for Chemotherapy I had to have a PICC line (peripherally inserted central catheter). That was by far the worst bit of the treatment. It made showering, bathing and sleeping difficult. The upside was the the concoctions of fluids could be delivered more quickly.

Not too quick, as I told the infusion nurse, unless you enjoy cleaning up what comes up.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Happy Birthday, @Speicher , and many happy returns of The Day.

Supper consisted of a big bowl of vegetable & noodle soup followed by a cheese & onion toastie and the rest of last night's baked beans. Put the last slice of processed cheese in the toastie to get shot of it. Reckon it will be at least a decade before I forget I don't really like the stuff and end up buying another packet...

Just had a lovely evening sitting by the fire and watching foodie videos on the tube of you.

I gave in an seen a quack about my never-ending head cold. I've probably got a mild sinus infection and have got a prescription for a steroid nasal spray to use for two weeks. I got told off for overusing one of the OTC nasal sprays.

She also recommended a saltwater spray to wash my nose out before using the steroid spray. It seems to be an aerosol tin of French sea water to spray up my nostrils. The last time I looked, this is an island and we have a good supply of seawater of our own so you have to wonder why we need to import it from France. Surely someone must be missing a business opportunity.

The cost of the two items combined would have bought a bottle of whiskey which also cures colds. :whistle:

As a chronic sufferer with things sinus, here's a few tips based on my own experiences.

1) The steroid spray takes about four days to kick in

2) If you've been prescribed Beconase, Boots do a generic version for half the price

3) Take half a tablet of Cetirizine Hydrochloride antihistamine in the morning to dry up excess snottage

4) Fill a sink with steaming hot water, add a few drops of olbas oil, stick a towel over your head and breath the steam

5) Acupressure, the two points under your cheekbones and the one in the roof of your mouth

6) Sod the saline spray, just snort warm salty water from a saucer

Top Bottom