Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thank you, I will try that. There is something called Maps. Not sure how that fits in a tiny phone, and anyway, I prefer paper maps.

If maps has a multicoloured waypoint as an icon, then that's Google maps. It's very good at draining the battery but it's nothing to worry about as far as memory is concerned.

If you can get to Settings, you'll find apps in the menu. Anything you know you don't use that's in there you can safely delete. That could free up some memory.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yes. Stand against the Evil Empire.

This evil empire?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231023-202752.png
    Screenshot_20231023-202752.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 7

Speicher

Vice Admiral
If maps has a multicoloured waypoint as an icon, then that's Google maps. It's very good at draining the battery but it's nothing to worry about as far as memory is concerned.

If you can get to Settings, you'll find apps in the menu. Anything you know you don't use that's in there you can safely delete. That could free up some memory.

Yes, I have just done that. I deleted Films, Maps and google music.

I went out and caught fish and chips tonight , it has been a tiring day .
Whilst waiting for my chips I saw a chap on an electric bike which looked more like a moped . It had a largish headlight and suspension forks . As he pulled away he didn't seem to pedal . There weren't any number plates and the chap wasn't wearing a crash helmet . I'm sure it was an illegal bike .

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A much more straightforward day today. I'd booked a later than normal train back from Nottingham, so a lie in and a leisurely breakfast was had at the hotel followed by a bit of a stroll through town and along the Nottingham & Beeston canal in the sunshine. Once back at Ely I walked back to the car park via Tesco to get the food for work this week and then drove home. No fuss, no drama, just a normal (one could almost say mundane) trip.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
East Midlands Railway have already coughed up the delay repay money for Sunday. Despite being under the same ownership, Greater Anglia have let me know that..."Your claim is currently being processed by one of our team as part of our additional quality checks." As in we're goinmg to make you wait the full 10 days to get your money back.

Gwylan

Veteran
I have retired to bed, citing man flu.
A stiff dose of Beecham's and that's today shot.

Felt better today. Shuffled to the garage with my warm fleece on.

Fiddling with my dead Cowboy ebike. Sudden twinge in my back and I'm frozen slightly folded. Took about 15 mins to straighten up. Almost as long to shuffle the 10 yards back into the house.

Not prone to back problems, wonder what it's about? Taking Ibuprofen but prefer not to.

I had a fabulous if very tiring time at the Supreme. Really enjoyed handling the cats (Siamese, Orientals and Balinese), not just in my judge's classes, but also in Best of Variety. Managed to get through the day without making any booboos with the paperwork, so am well pleased about that. My judge had a good day and I've had so much fantastic feedback, not just from her, but also from the exhibitors whose cats I handled. Really stoked about that.

Spent yesterday relaxing after crashing out for 12 hours - it ended up being a 21 hour day on Saturday!

Today was spent lumberjilling to take advantage of a break in the weather.

classic33

Leg End Member
East Midlands Railway have already coughed up the delay repay money for Sunday. Despite being under the same ownership, Greater Anglia have let me know that..."Your claim is currently being processed by one of our team as part of our additional quality checks." As in we're goinmg to make you wait the full 10 days to get your money back.
If they all paid out straight away, everyone would be doing it.

Be grateful it's not an Arrival service!
https://www.railtech.com/all/2023/10/19/deutsche-bahn-sells-arriva-to-us-based-investment-fund/

Top Bottom