Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
☔ ☔ ☔
Glad i cut the grass t'other day instead of leaving it until today!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
1697009583306.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Heavy rain and gale when I got up but seems to have settled a bit better now. Not that it makes any difference to me as I will not be outside much.
I need to work on my walking as suddenly I seem to have developed an old man’s walk with short steps and a bit stooped. Being upright helps a lot and longer slower steps as well is much better.

The EV charging point at the main car park in Tobermory has been removed which has caused a bit of a panic. Perhaps the mains power was in danger when that area could get flooded but the next one is 21 miles away tho’ the local biscuit factory has a slow one with an honesty box. It is also suggested you wait in their cafe and buy their biscuits.:whistle:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Heavy rain and gale when I got up but seems to have settled a bit better now. Not that it makes any difference to me as I will not be outside much.
I need to work on my walking as suddenly I seem to have developed an old man’s walk with short steps and a bit stooped. Being upright helps a lot and longer slower steps as well is much better.

The EV charging point at the main car park in Tobermory has been removed which has caused a bit of a panic. Perhaps the mains power was in danger when that area could get flooded but the next one is 21 miles away tho’ the local biscuit factory has a slow one with an honesty box. It is also suggested you wait in their cafe and buy their biscuits.:whistle:

I think there was a scheme / app where you could hire out your domestic charger ( if you had one fitted of course ) Not sure about the practicalities but could see a possible niche use if someone was desperately low on charge.

tom73

Guru
I think there was a scheme / app where you could hire out your domestic charger ( if you had one fitted of course ) Not sure about the practicalities but could see a possible niche use if someone was desperately low on charge.

Me and a mate talked about this sort of stuff the other week. It's one of the things people and policy makers need to get heads around.
Currently you need to refuel a car via a special trip to the petrol station. EV don't need that as practically any place can be a "refuelling" point. App's and rent a charger like many do with private drives will need to become the norm. Retraining mind sets will be a challenge.

Top Bottom