Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I also learnt today that in order to go cycling, the first thing you need is a helmet. The bike is secondary!

IMG_20231002_150416.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
I also learnt today that in order to go cycling, the first thing you need is a helmet. The bike is secondary!

View attachment 708615
And a mobile phone before food and drink for the day or the means of keeping yourself dry.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The fog did lift eventually, but Norfolk was a relentless overcast grey colour, although warm enough for me not to need the light jacket I'd taken just in case. I got lucky with the return trip as I arrived back into Diss much earlier than anticipated and, rather than heading off for a pint and waiting for my booked train, I just hopped on the first avalialble and got home an hour early. When I looked at the rain radar a downpour looked to have hit just about 10 minutes before the intended train arrived so I'd have got soaked on the open platform if I'd waited.

Yay, I've *finally* managed to work out who was in the #11 Derek Warwick Honda entry for each round of the 1990 CRX Challenge.

Paul did six rounds, Derek one (there exists, apparently, some in-car footage containing some pretty fruity language) and Robin Brundle five. Robin took the car's only win in round 3 at Castle Combe.

Irritatingly, the only colour image I have of the car is with Robin Brundle at the wheel. But I *do* have three B&W images of the car when it's being driven by Paul.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Early start (4am) - up with a drive on damp roads. I'm now in Lincoln (McDonald's for breakfast as it was the only place open) before a drive to the Cotswolds to return home via Lincoln this afternoon.

It'll be a looong day.

Top Bottom