Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This afternoon I went on a brief ride and, as I've been living in the area for 25 years but haven't visited, climbed up to Castle Hill near Huddersfield :heat: . My overall view was 'decidly unimpressed'. Particularly as I'd got to it via the steepest route.

But ... someone had clearly been throwing coins off the top. I found 21p, a pair of glasses (left on the wall nearby) and this odd coin:

PXL_20230924_160503176.jpg

PXL_20230924_160523482.jpg

Any clues? - solved below by two CC'ers. Unfortunately it wasn't worth much.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Clueless managers conducting interviews already having made up their mind regardless of what is said is the problem with many interviews. Especially when it's a restructure.

Last restructure I had interview for two jobs completely different which I failed to gain either being in a near complete state of confusion on how to answer for one job without being negative to the other.

Then an interview for what was basically my old job that had been axed in the previous restructure 7 years before in which it was that obvious they had made up their mind before the interview not one single answer I gave resulted in any response other than the next question. Admin looked at me gone out when I reappeared so quickly.

Another restructure looming. Might be time to retire.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dreadful day of wind and pouring rain.
MV Isle of Mull decided to make an early run for Oban taking whatever vehicles had turned up.
At least we got a useful text and I paraphrase " get here within the next 15 minutes and we go regardless of timetable". No further sailings today.
Still windy for the next few days and some have been causing confusion by posting that there is a massive vehicle queue at Lochaline.
In fact there was no queue there but on the Mull side at Fishnish there was a massive queue of people trying to escape.
Not a route I would currently want to travel as we have to go by Fort William adding 40 tortuous miles to an already overstretched route.

tom73

Guru
This afternoon I went on a brief ride and, as I've been living in the area for 25 years but haven't visited, climbed up to Castle Hill near Huddersfield :heat: . My overall view was 'decidly unimpressed'. Particularly as I'd got to it via the steepest route.

But ... someone had clearly been throwing coins off the top. I found 21p, a pair of glasses (left on the wall nearby) and this odd coin:

View attachment 707638

View attachment 707639

Any clues?

i've rode past it a few times and been on walks around the area very near it geocaching. But never been up to it or inside it.
As for the coin it looks like a Thailand baht.

Clueless managers conducting interviews already having made up their mind regardless of what is said is the problem with many interviews. Especially when it's a restructure.

Last restructure I had interview for two jobs completely different which I failed to gain either being in a near complete state of confusion on how to answer for one job without being negative to the other.

Then an interview for what was basically my old job that had been axed in the previous restructure 7 years before in which it was that obvious they had made up their mind before the interview not one single answer I gave resulted in any response other than the next question. Admin looked at me gone out when I reappeared so quickly.

Another restructure looming. Might be time to retire.

Seems a rather expensive and unproductive process for the company.

Top Bottom