Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
still remember (1961ish?) seeing a scrub board & hand ringer in my Grandmother kitchen sink, while we were still in The Bronx. I have no memory if she/we didn't have a machine & maybe these were just for certain items? undoubtedly, would have been hand-downs from her mother? they are nowhere to be seen in my Mother's house. tho she still does still have our old milk box that used to sit on our front porch, for deliveries

internet photos
View attachment 707342

View attachment 707343
I vaguely remember a top-loading washing machine with a mangle - hand wringer - attached. Something resembling this.
Back in the late fifties.
lt-in-mangle-morley-55-plus-gas-wash-boiler-WHA867.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a dull, overcast and damp underfoot Suffolk. First coffee of the day done and now staring at a pile of work and an overloaded inbox wondering where to start. There's also a 4.1kg tin of pizza sauce on my desk that needs dealing with.

Can't give full details yet, but it turns out the tin didn't contain what was on the label! Thankfully the container was still on the port so we've got the rest of the load - 🚬🚬🚬

D

Deleted member 1258

Have you given pegging rubbers a thought?

If he puts pegging in the search engine some of the results could be interesting. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

A day that started out sunny but ended on a wet and soggy note.

Slept well, but had some very strange dreams. Had a very gentle bimble around the village playing fields with a friend and her two dogs. The doggos hadn't seen me for a month, and were SO pleased to see me. Mind, Auntie Reynard did take them each a large bonio. Also divested myself of 3kg of tomatoes - friend was very happy with them.

Had a kitchen afternoon and made a big batch of spicy carrot, sweet potato and red lentil soup.

Have had a nice quiet evening watching the rugby and conducting a massacre on a packet of chocolate chip cookies.

Can't give full details yet, but it turns out the tin didn't contain what was on the label! Thankfully the container was still on the port so we've got the rest of the load - 🚬🚬🚬

Whoops...

Was going to say, upon seeing your original post, that if you can't use it, I'll take the can off your hands.

Evidently not, now.

What *was* in there instead?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Whoops...

Was going to say, upon seeing your original post, that if you can't use it, I'll take the can off your hands.

Evidently not, now.

What *was* in there instead?

No confirmed quantities yet as the team taking over have the task of opening 2500+ catering sized cans :laugh:, but before packaging and advertising regulations changed, the main brand was responsible for this classic livery
1695333109650.png

Top Bottom