Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Your call is important to them.

But not important enough to pay some staff to answer the phone.

Turned out not be a good idea as when i did get though. The price they gave me was not up for doing a deal or matching the new customer price. Told that's how it is costs deals come and go ect, ect. Everyone has better deals for new customers ect.
Asked about going broadband only they gave me a price twice as much as the price they want to put the bill up by.
So after being put though to someone else and same messing about. I've told them to do a running jump i've already found another provider for less than current price.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Looks like whilst I had my head down working we have had some rain

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Street art on todays ride. @TheDoctor will know where this is.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

OK, schedule checked, schools closed for last Friday's storm have re-opened & re-scheduled, today's closed schools from yesterday's storm, have already had their sessions completed, previously. so ... ready for the next storm & set of school closures!

this might be a rough Fall & Winter! :wacko:

Tenkaykev

Guru
`
Is that a bit like putting extra chrome on a Ford Cortina L ? :laugh:

A rough " rule of thumb " is that replacing components with the titanium equivalent ( where available ) costs about £1 per gramme of weight saved, the Carbon seatpost ( which has a thin steel tube surrounding the carbon ) saves about 90 grammes over the standard seatpost, so it's almost twice as expensive as Titanium 😮

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've probably saved about 400g on my Brommie by removing the mudguards and rear rack.
Does this mean £400 should appear in my bank account sometime soon?
*awaits*

I fitted a titanium seat post which save a bit of weight but then added weight when I fitted aluminium mudguards. Saved a smidgeon by using titanium mudguard stays and fixings. Then there was the wopping 3 grammes weight saved with a titanium handlebar fixing bolt 😉

Top Bottom