Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@deptfordmarmoset - I'm presuming the smell of kippers drowns out the smell of beer?

@tyred - Bushmills or a local Rathlin distillery?

tyred

Legendary Member
Some thieving swine stole my mobile phone!

IMG_20230909_130333.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The smell in the warehouses was often given as an excuse when in fact it was the sampling caused the unsteadiness.

So, you discovered the ample in sample!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is Islay the Peaty one ? I tried a bottle of " Big Peat " that was on offer in Waitrose and really enjoyed it. Mrs TKK though it tasted like disinfectant 🥃

Yes, Islay is probably the best known island for its peaty tasting malts.. I still get that TCP smell from Laphroaig. The smell of Bavarian fish sauce is currently holding sway for now. And at 29.6C in here, I'd best keep to something less strong.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Despite waking feeling achy all over (4 days bike commuting plus a night out last night), I've been a busy bee today. Laurel hedge trimmed and green bin filled, budlea cut right back now its finished flowering, lawn cut, car washed and 3 cars hoovered, new brake pads fitted to commuter bike, bike washed, did a food shop and repaired some wear holes in the pop up Decathlon Base tent (we've had it 10 years). Finally sat down in the garden.

BBQ in a bit.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Is Islay the Peaty one ? I tried a bottle of " Big Peat " that was on offer in Waitrose and really enjoyed it. Mrs TKK though it tasted like disinfectant 🥃

Mostly Islay ones are peaty.
Laphroaig has been described as like old socks steeped in disinfectant by the managing director of the first distillery I worked for.
I think the taste has been modified a bit over the years. I would suspect that "Big Peat" is a blended malt as opposed to a single malt from one distillery.

Top Bottom